Anthony Scores 23 In Loss

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by jbbKing James, Oct 20, 2003.

1. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Carmelo Anthony finally lost a game in the Carrier Dome, and it really didn't matter.

Making his first appearance on Jim Boeheim Court since he led Syracuse to the NCAA national championship in April as a freshman, Anthony scored a game-high 23 points Sunday night for his new team, the Denver Nuggets.

Even though Mehmet Okur's driving layup with 2.3 seconds left gave the Detroit Pistons a 93-91 exhibition victory, it was a triumphant night for the former Orangeman, who was greeted with a thunderous cheer in the pre-game introductions.

"Being here brought back a lot of memories. We were 17-0 here last year," said Anthony, who a year ago had just finished his second day of practice with the Orangemen. "It's been nice, but now I've got to get out of here."

Before he left, he gave the fans another signature performance. He was 7-for-13 shooting and 9-for-13 from the free-throw line in 34 minutes. He also had two assists and a pair of steals as Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim watched his former star from a courtside seat.

"I think we did a good job competing," said Anthony, who played only one year for the Orangemen before jumping to the NBA. "I'm more excited to get this game out of the way. I gave back. Now I can just go and focus on tomorrow's game."</div>

Full Story Box Score

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

he mite be bettr than peeple think this year

3. Bakaj

Bakaj nfl-*****s member

Melo = Rookie of the year. He is just a great all oround player.

4. How_High78

How_High78 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VAs Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">he mite be bettr than peeple think this year</div>

What's even more surprising to me is that he might actually be as good as he thinks he is. I thought he was just being cocky.

5. How_High78

How_High78 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VAs Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">he mite be bettr than peeple think this year</div>

What's even more surprising to me is that he might actually be as good as he thinks he is. I thought he was just being cocky. [​IMG]

6. NugzFan

NugzFan JBB Banned Member

scored 20 tonight...at portland...nuggets win in OT