Antonio Daniels....

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by mike18946, Sep 13, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

How do you think he will do next season? He was brought in from the Blazers where he had limited time...Will he start? or will Brent Barry keep his starting spot.I think It's a situation where AD will have to earn his spot rather have have it from the start.As Barry did a impressive job playing point guard last season.

Are there any Sonics fans out there who would like to give their opinion on the signing and how he will do?

2. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Before there were the Raptors the Sonics were my Fav team... I think he should start with Ridnour backing him up. If that fails then try Barry there again. I like Barry off the bench.

3. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

Man, I loved seeing Antonio Daniels play when he was in SA, he was one of my favorite players on that team.

For the first part of the season I would have Ridnour and Daniels switch, or rotate in the pg position to see who fits the best. If neither of them succeed I guess Brent Barry would be an option, but I think thats what I would do. I'm sure in training camp they'll make the decision though.

4. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

I don't see Daniels as a starting point guard, his best role is coming off the bench to play some D and finish on some transition plays.

Like his role has been his whole career.

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

bones will start no question and give rid time to develop, daniels is the sort of guy who can come off the bench, provide a burst of energy and defend both guard positions (bit like camby in NY) - probly being optimistic in expecting much more than a valuable reserve but never underestimate their importance