Any one watching this again and again?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by royo, Apr 26, 2019.

1. royo

royo Well-Known Member

I mean, the shot?

2. joeBlazers

joeBlazers Well-Known Member

I have watched it .... over 50 times on youtube.com ... I'm just crazy about it ...
    I have watched all angles, in all languages (they had it in Thai, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean,Chinese, ... )
    I have watched most talking heads discuss it ...
    My wife's about to kill me ... cause I dream about it at night ... lol I missed it live, cause I turned off my TV when we went down 13.

3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

itll be my 6th time when I get home tonight. Not sure i'm ever going to delete it. Maybe show it to my kids in 20 years. :)

4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

You turned off the TV??? You deserve some serious heat for that! :)

Wade Garrett and hoopsjock like this.
  5. joeBlazers

joeBlazers Well-Known Member

I missed the end of the game. Yes, I did. I couldn't watch when we went down 13. I went to bed...

6. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I know! And you deserve some heat for turning it off. :) no faith in Dame? Lesson learned? :)

hoopsjock likes this.
  7. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Being directly behind dame during the shot. (When he sidestepped he moved so i was directly behind him) I saw the ball go up and my first thought was "This is it. It's going to be something we remember forever as an all time great shot in NBA history, or - if we lost in overtime - an ultimate second guess shot."

When I looked at the trajectory of the ball I saw it start to arc left on the downturn, I remember vividly that I gasped and thought "oh no that's off left."

When I saw it hit the rim and the net move, I honestly have about 15 broken up memories. I -did- see his wave as my arms stretched high in the air and I yelled at the top of my lungs "OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. DID THAT... OH MY GOD." The next thing I remember is hugging random strangers 1-4. I only remember the cute woman I hugged. Lol. The other 3 were a blur but I remember just hugging and high fiving.

To be a part of trail blazers history that night is something I still pinch myself about. And to see it from directly behind where dame shot it and see the wave in real time....

It's a moment I'll never forget. It's a moment this city will never forget.

I honestly think this is some destiny team. And dame is our destiny leader. This is some crazy stuff, and we are all in on the ride. Enjoy it.

Speaking of which, hopefully round 2 tickets aren't too expensive.

P.s. to anyone else that was in the arena. When the shot hit it got super loud, obviously... loudest I've ever heard a stadium. But was there a point in time during the loud jubilation that it crescendo and just sounded like buzzing? It was sustained for so long (had to be at least 5 solid minutes)

8. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    I'm addicted. It just amazes me.

But I haven't watched the game again yet. I want to but there is no way I will find time over the next few days. I want to watch again from start to finish and see the progression. I want to pay attention to how they react, how they play when they fall behind. How they react when they start the uphill climb and how they react and play after Nurk arrives. I want to watch the progression.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  9. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

That’s one punch on your card, don’t get to many more or they’ll revoke your license!

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  10. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

Destiny team?
    I think it was CJ who said Dame told him a couple weeks ago that "were gonna make a deep run, I can feel it.."
    I think you're both right. There's something special about this team and maybe Olshey is right on continuity. It may not happen this year but from now on they will be involved in the conversation, I truly believe.

Strenuus and TorturedBlazerFan like this.