Anybody Want To Start A Fantasy League?

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by sactomofo, Oct 26, 2004.

1. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

Would any of you guys want to start a fantasy league?

2. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I'm in. Lets get as many warriors fans as possible.

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I might be interested. But knowing me I always get the most injured players.

4. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

We can set one up for free through yahoo. Let me know how many want in and when you guys want to start and we can make it happen.

5. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

I play in a ton of fantasy leagues, it's always fun to see if my basketball predictions are good or bad. That, and I'm big on numbers. Probably why fantasy baseball is my favorite, with so many crazy statistics.

6. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm in. sactomoto, we should get a league started as soon as possible so we can get a good draft time. I'll set up one now just so we can get a decent draft time, then we can decide who wants to be in it later.

By the way, do we want a head to head, roto, or fantasy points leauge? I prefer head to head myself because it stays interesting the whole year whereas with the other types of leagues those at the bottom of the league lose interest after a month or two because there's no way to come back.

7. Custodianrules2

You the man walker. You decide. I'll try it out. Just let me know where to sign up and what times.

8. wtwalker77

Okay, it looks like there are a ton of draft slots open, so we can take some time to figure out what kind of league we want to do. Why don't we all say what we prefer and go from there. Here's what I'd like:

League: head to head

Draft: live

Draft time: Saturday afternoon

Scoring: 9 basic categories

Trades: no max, 3/3/05 deadline

Moves: no max

By the way, and I'm really not trying to be pushing here we can start a new league if people want, since I had to start a league to find out what the draft times were, I went ahead and created a league with these settings.

9. Custodianrules2

I'm down for whatever.

10. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

That sounds great. I prefer roto, but head to head does provide more incentive for continual, active play. Also, Saturday afternoon is 50/50 for me, but I'm fine with whatever pre-ranked players I get; I'm rather used to it. Being the last weekend, there's no room to change the time.

11. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

ok ill see what i can get from the yahoo thing if thats cool with you guys.

12. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

Ok, I got it set up. The league is through yahoo.com, our league name is JBB_Warrior_Fans and the password is oakland. The league id# is 179707. The draft is scheduled for this Saturday, October 30 at 2:30 pacific time. I hope that this can work out for you guys.

Edit: My bad walker, I didn't see that you had already created a league. I set up the settings that you asked for but if you guys just want to use your league thats totally cool. :thumbsup:

13. wtwalker77

Okay, I'm signed up.

Can we start the draft a little earlier? My other league is drafting at 4:00 and I don't want to cut it too close. I'd prefer about 1:00 myself.

14. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

It says that the only other slots on saturday are 6 a.m. 7 a.m. and sunday's only slot is at 6 a.m. If the league that you set up had some better slots we could use that if you want. On the bright side, if not too many others sign up, then it will be a quick draft.

15. wtwalker77

I kept the league that I set up just in case that happened. Why don't we keep both leagues open until we figure out which draft time works best for everyone else.

The only difference is who is commish. Personally, I don't care. We're all friends here, so the commish shouldn't have to deal with too many shady moves by team managers.

As for the number of teams, we should get this out of the lounge and into the main forum so more Warrior fans will know about it.

16. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

That's cool with me. It makes no difference who is the commish. I think that it would be good to let as many warrior fans as possible know about it so that it will make the league that much better.

17. Custodianrules2

Somebody pick I got internet everywhere I go.

18. wtwalker77

one other thing on the league settings. Did you go with 2 centers and 2 utility or 1 center and 3 utlity? 2 centers is the default setting, but I prefer to go with 1 because there are so few centers out there.

19. Custodianrules2

Hmm, can you choose some other player to be center if he isn't a true center? I don't know which setting is better.

20. wtwalker77

No. Yahoo designates which players are centers and it doesn't follow a very logical pattern. For instance, Ben Wallace isn't center eligible even though he was the East's center for last year's all star game, but Dirk does have center eligibility.

I've always found it's easier on everyone to just have 1 center and three utility guys, and when you think about it, it doesn't make much sense to have 2 centers be the default setting. Each of the other 4 positions only has one spot specifically designated for it, why should there be 2 center spots?

If anything the default setting should be for a f/c, meaning that any pf or c could play in that slot. It makes the most sense since 1/2 the centers in the league are really power forwards pretending to be centers. But that's just semantics. Having 3 utility spots makes it easier for everyone and doesn't force people to take guys like Marc Jackson in the mid/late rounds just to have another center on the roster.