Anyone else see the guy getting dragged out of the RG tonight?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Charcoal Filtered, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Charcoal Filtered

Charcoal Filtered Writing Team

Fourth quarter when they were shooting shirts into the crowd they also had about 12 security guys carring a guy from the top of I think 227. Looked like there were punches being thrown from the suite above it. Was sitting in 224 and almost got hit in the face with a shirt since I was trying to figure out what was going on.

2. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

He probably blew his top after seeing Babbitt drain that 30 footer.

3. jwhoops11

jwhoops11 Active Member

I was wondering the same thing! I sit in 225 and he was the next section over. It took 9 guys to carry him out. One security guard took a fall down a few stairs. Best part was when dude tried to climb into the suite above him to get away. He was singing and changing something, sounded like a Timbers game. Huge guy to, easily 6'3 and I'd guess 250. I've seen a lot of fans removed, that by far was the most severe.

4. Charcoal Filtered

Been to well over a couple of hundred games and have never seen anyone removed from the RG. Seen it at other events, but definitely nothing that severe.

Recall hearing something before the I looked over. Thought it was just someone with a unique chant.

5. DUB

DUB Da, da da, da dah!

KFC!

6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

From some guy on Blazers Edge -

About the guy who got carried out

I was very close to the situation. I am not kidding when I say he was a. mentally unstable or b. possessed by something. If it were alcohol the chanting that he was doing would have had a slurr to it, and the guy wouldn’t send fools flying over seats with a arm swipe, I would assume that if drunk he would have had bad balance.

It was very odd from the time I first noticed him walking up from the 100 level, a poor usher tried to stop him and all he got was a solid whap from a book to the top of his head, the usher looked dazed like he didn’t know wtf just happened. he continued up to the top of the 200 level (all the while chanting something and rocking back and forth) He then went into a row below the suits.

HE was met with some bigger bodies trying to contain him and this is where the possessed theory comes into play. Every person that tried to come close to him couldn’t do a thing as he would swing his arm and send people backwards. After a couple of people fell over seats in came the tazer. It took the taze and about 9 guys to carry him out of the row. While getting “hog tied” he sent another unlucky person sailing down the stair about 5-6 rows.

Keep in mind all the while he was chanting… This was crazy for the main reason that it took a lot of people out of there comfort zones of “the norm” As odd as it all was I found it refreshing in the sense that it shook me out of my normal rat race thoughts. I guess what I mean is that you can always expect the expected but life is just more exiting when there is a wild card thrown in there.

So to wrap it up sucks to be anyone who got in chanters way, cheers to everybody that helped, in an odd way thanks to the chanter, and I really hope this guy gets the helps he needs.

7. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    ^ Shit like that gives me flashback to my rose garden security days. Thats a normal night at a Metallica or Slipknot concert.

8. Charcoal Filtered

The next comment down said he thought it was a chalupa chant.

9. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

WTF is up with that anyway? I've never seem such a frenzy over greasy, unhealthy fast food. I woulnd't eat that shit if you paid me, yet 20,000 people seem to go ape shit for the chance to get a free chalupa. I guess some people will get excited over anything - as long as it's free.

BNM

10. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I don't think they actually want the Chalupa. It's just become a craze... Basically a reason to chant.

11. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Look, you get raped by the blazer arena over and over, and getting any sort of kick-back, beit a free chalupa or a blowjob will get people excited.

12. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

I'd rather they just gave everyone a dollar on the way out. Free money >>>> free deep fried taco.

BNM

13. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Kids, stay away from Angel Dust.

14. mgb

mgb Over-Nite Sensation

I know one of those would get me more excited than the other!

15. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

ha ha ha, you're just hungry! ;)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  16. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

I'm surprised it only took 12 guys to carry Felton. That's the real story

17. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

BNM, no doubt someone with a degree has figured out the psychology of "free shit". Even if people don't really want it! That's why "buy one get one free" is a good marketing deal, people will buy what they don't want or need to get the freebie. Or advertising "free gift" (an expression that drives me nuts as a gift is by definition free and these "free gifts" are by definition not free) if you sign up for a credit card you don't need. I work at Genentech and if they want to get people to do something but it's not mandatory, say "free food" and we all come running. Granted, it's better than chalupas, but we are all relatively well paid and no one here is starving. Hold a safety fair and some people will come. Hold a safety fair with free barbecue and ice cream and EVERYBODY will come.

18. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Was it this guy?

[video=youtube;41lTsXgohMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41lTsXgohMY[/video]

19. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...does anyone know which suite that was under?! This might help to identify the possible motive(s) :dunno:

20. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

lol, I've done that at staples when I was drunk, just kind of charged in through an open door, I made it inside but was kicked out shortly after.