Apparently...(Rumours and inuendo)

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Management (according to my source :mrgreen: ) turned down several deals involving Al Harrington before he was traded to Atlanta. These included giving up Rashard Lewis and getting back Harrington and Jerome Williams in a three way trade, and also giving up Vlad and Murray to land Al. Apparently the sticking point in both deals was the (inevitable) fact that we couldn't find anyone to take Booth's and/or James' contracts.

NEWSFLASH - teams are not going to take either player unless they are getting a real sweetener in the deal. James expires after this coming season anyway, so we might as well cut our losses and move forward. The team needs direction, and it needs to swallow both deals, or at the very least not use them as deal make-or-breakers.

Another rumour flying around the traps is the Sonics getting involved in a three-way deal that would land Pau Gasol. The upside: Gasol is young, a proven 20/10 pivot in the West, and would form a lethal inside/outside combination with Ray Allen, and is still very young. The downside (arguable): it would cost the Sonics Lewis, Murray and their 2005 first rounder. Word is Murray's trade value is not that high, because teams are looking for SPECIFIC needs. Flip can score, is tough and plays with heart, but doesn't excel in one particular area. He is not a consistent shooter, distributor or defender, and teams want specifics to fill roles (according to David Locke, anyway).

Lastly, another deal I've heard is us sending James to the Cavs for Wagner and Diop. They do it to get the cap space in 2005, but the sticking point may be that they want a pick, likely a first rounder.

2. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Wagner is quite possibly one of the most selfish players I've ever seen, so it's a good thing you didn't make that trade. And Diop to me just looks like he has bust written all over him. I would've done the Gasol trade because everyone knows if he gets over 35 MPG he can average a double double.

3. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

If the Gasol trade happens I might seriously orgasm upon hearing the news.

4. RiverspoonJones

RiverspoonJones JBB Sonic Death Monkey

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">If the Gasol trade happens I might seriously orgasm upon hearing the news.</div>
    Werd.

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Wagner is quite possibly one of the most selfish players I've ever seen, so it's a good thing you didn't make that trade.</div>

Meet Jerome James. Except he is selfish off the court.

As for all of this talk, take it with a grain of salt. So many rumours fly around at this time.

6. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Supersonic:</div><div class="quote_post">Word is Murray's trade value is not that high, because teams are looking for SPECIFIC needs. Flip can score, is tough and plays with heart, but doesn't excel in one particular area. He is not a consistent shooter, distributor or defender, and teams want specifics to fill roles (according to David Locke, anyway).

</div>

This is why NBA GM's lose their job. How can a player of Murray's talent with a league minimum contract not have trade value?