Are you kidding me?

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Seattle SuperSonics also have called about Francis and might be offering point guard Luke Ridnour as part of a deal, the source said.</div>

Orlando Sentinel.

Are there enough shots in a 48 minute game to satisfy Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and Steve Francis?

2. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

I don't think that you would find a person outside of the Pacific NW that would argue against Steve Francis being a much more talented basketball player than Ridnour.

Ridnour is a good young talent, but he is not a franchise level point guard. If we are having chemistry issues with him playing the majority of the point guard minutes, it makes sense for us to try to become at least better defensively as an upgrade at that position.

Good locker room guys on bad teams can and should be dealt for better players. No one hear can say that Luke is a great leader as a point guard. He doesn't look like his personality will ever allow for him to be a vocal leader for this team, especially if Ray is around. If we can package some of our dead weight (Murray, Evans, Fortson) with Luke and bring in Steve Francis and some help than maybe it's something at least to consider.

Luke should not be looked at as untradeable. He has holes in his game as well.

3. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

I like luke and all....and he's a better POINT guard than stevie....but if that can happen....I wouldn't object it. We could use some of that showtime stuff....

4. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

The good thing is that now that the Super Bowl's over, Stevie should be able to make all our games if we do trade for him.

5. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

If we trade for Steve Francis - I can't even put into words how absolutely disgusted I would be. The ball movement would be atrocious.

13.7, 15, 16.4, 17.1

Thats what Francis makes over the next 4 years - something to consider, even if you like his game...which I do not.

I can only hope the inquiries were part of a bigger deal.