Are you losing interest in the Blazers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SharpesTriumph, Feb 6, 2022.

?

Are you losing interest?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

I cancelled my monthly league pass, Sling tv (TNT ESPN NBATV) and plan to stop following much of the team after the trade deadline.

There is no way to build a contender on this roster around Dame in the next years of his prime, the team doesn't seem realistic in their expectations of where this roster is at, and giving away 2 starters for scrubs shows we have incompetence at all levels of management.

I'm losing patience, interest, and passion for this franchise. I now plan to follow it much less.

Are you losing interest?

Five Second Violation likes this.
  2. craigehlo

craigehlo Elite Wing

If they don't trade CJ before the deadline, I'm pretty much out for the season. It's such a waste of time watching him take 20 shots per night.

TBpup and Haakzilla like this.
  3. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Absolutely. The real gut punch for me wasn't the trade (though that hurt tremendously), it was the Nas injury.

Imagine we get rid of CJ at the trade deadline. Then, we'd have a lineup of
    Ant, Johnson, Nas, Winslow (or whoever), and Nurk.

A team that will do a lot of losing, but we could see INTERESTING potential in the future. Now, we're mostly playing players who won't be in the rotation next year along with players who won't be in the league next year.... and we're getting crushed.

I started the Tank thread to try to keep SOME interest, but yeah, it's hard.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  4. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

I wanna see what Cronin does by Thursday. More idiotic decisions and I'm gonna get more apathetic. Will still watch the games, but not having any hope for a future run would be boring.

5. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

I may lose interest in this season, but next season Damian Lillard and Nassir Little should be fully healthy. We didn't get a good return for Norman, but it means Little will be the starter from game one next season. The Blazers were finally able to win some games on the road with Little starting and I think that will carry over to next season. Will they win a title? Probably not. But I think they'll be better than the team that couldn't win on the road when everyone was mostly healthy.

stampedehero and BlazerBeav like this.
  6. SharpesTriumph

Not having hope for a near term future with Dame or long term future of young prospects around Ant.

It's amazing the Blazers are building a team with both shitty short term and shitty long term potential. That is rare and hard to do.

Lanny and SlyPokerCat like this.
  7. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

i maybe would have been OK if we even got a first round pick, so there'd be something to look forward to. didn't even do that.

and just... no on the Keon Johnson nonsense. Dude couldn't even get PT on a team desperate for wing help with all their injuries when another 19yr old second rounder got time. He might become a rotation player 3 yrs from now-- doesn't do shit for me today.

8. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I’m anxious to see what other trade is going to happen.

Since making a shit trade was obviously prerequisite for a trade that just knocks our socks off.

I still tune into the games. Rooting for losses and hoping that Simons develops into a really good player.

stampedehero likes this.
  9. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was also super bummed at the Nas injury. Felt like in a lost season, watching him and Simons would at least be entertaining. Now, it's simons, Watford and brown, I guess?

SharpesTriumph and Wizard Mentor like this.
  10. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    On the plus side if he makes more shit trades it will probably cause Lillard to demand a trade. Which would help in rebuilding this team and should be done.

11. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

Never will loose interest I been fan of them when they started the franchise so no reason bail now. I look at see how the new guys fit in or not and see the progress of the younger guys. Be truthfully if Dame what's a championship he probably will have to go somewhere else to attempt that goal. If Billups going be the future head coach they need build around his system not anyone player.

SlyPokerDog and Wizard Mentor like this.
  12. SharpesTriumph

To me it's now only Simons. Maybe as a vet Nurk.

I don't differentiate Watford, Brown, Elleby, or Blevins. None will ever have a chance to be a starter or have an impact on a contending team.

I guess I cringe a bit more that Blevins is even in the NBA. But all 4 have the same long term relevance to winning a title

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  13. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

That could change if we moved CJ, Dame, Nance and Nurkic for a boatload of assets and started building around Simons, Little and our lotto pick this offseason.

14. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Losing interest and losing enthusiasm are two different things to me. I have definitely lost enthusiasm but I'm still incredibly interested to see what happens next both on the floor and off. Even if no more moves are made or more bad moves are made I'll be interested to see how the pieces we have now or our new pieces fit together. I'll be interested to see how Chauncey handles things. I'll be interested in the growth of the young guys. I've never lost interest in this team and probably won't. The only thing that could hurt my interest in the team is if they moved it and changed its name.

15. SharpesTriumph

From the same management that just turned 2 starters into 3 scrubs? Plus all this managent talk of building around Dame CJ Nurk?

Sure anything could happen, we could trade for Gianni's, Jokic, and Ja. However I don't have hopes of my last sentence or your post, as nice as those may sound.

SlyPokerCat and Wizard Mentor like this.
  16. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Been a fan since day one, but Im first a fan of Basketball at all levels, HS, College, Pros, love the game. Played some in HS and city league till early 40's.
    Ive seen this franchise go through much over the years and I still roll with it, doesn't mean I agree with everything and the way its been run and by who.
    For me, I'm hoping Joe, Chauncey & Dame can build something for the start of next season that represents a more balanced roster, it may all happen before the deadline, but it may have to within OS.
    This franchise has always been supported when they have all star players, even with one, as long as they are in the playoff mix. Demographics are changing so fans could be more finicky about expectations and thats cool with me.
    The league is designed to be 1/4 laggards, 1/2 mediocre, 1/4 legit contenders. Always has been always will be as the NBA marketing machine has used the Draft, FA and playoff expansion as the carrot for improved team expectations and excitement that translates to forum's like this, tickets sales & TV contracts. Remember The NBA is FANtastic....are you a fan

17. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

My issue with this franchise is simple...
    Jody Allen.
    When we get an owner who cares.....Then, I will care.

Titan and Hoopguru like this.
  18. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Let me put it another way.

If Portland was a large 3-team city, I'd be REALLY interested in Spring Training, right now.

GriLtCheeZ likes this.
  19. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

It's hard man. I'm upset at the trade, but I have a sliver of hope there's a 2nd, better, more asset and draft capital advantage then whatever that shit trade just was.

Long term? I do hold out hope with Dame being fully healthy and see what he can do.

When we trade CJ it better be for someone that can help now and the next 2 years minimum. If we don't, then what the hell are we doing?

As for this year: I lost interest awhile ago. I kind of enjoyed that little stretch of ant/Nas but as a whole, I'm ecstatic we're tanking. Just wish Cronin waited on that first trade. I'd of been a bit more forgiving had he did that at the 11th hour, not a week before.

This next week is so vital to the next 5 years of the franchise. I'd say the off-season, but we are the blazers, we don't get good free agents. And with the look of the team no one will come here, and our owner doesn't want to pay anybody so fuck us I guess.

Get FRPs. Not 2nd rounders ffs.

20. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

As long as you guys are still visiting a Blazer message board, have you really lost interest?

RickyJoe, Mote, SwissBlazer and 2 others like this.