Arenado to yanks

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by mrmel29, Jan 27, 2020.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

For Andújar and frazier

Lillie likes this.
  2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Saw on twitter. Doesn’t sound right though to me without happ salary going back. May be a false report

Lillie likes this.
  3. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

For me Cashman is a fool. Two young cogs & no Happ in a deal.......depth at two positions tossed
    for a name! Come on. This is not creative, but plain ridiculous.

Lillie likes this.
  4. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Arenado isnt that much older, 3 years, is in his prime and is a stud 3rd baseman.
    Frazier and Anujar are coming off some issues (head) and injuries (head and arm). I would want to be able to shade Happ's salary and pick up a prospect from the Rockies..it wouldnt be a terrible deal

5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Yeah, at this point this is purely a speculative rumor and nothing more...but if it actually happens, how could it be a bad deal. Frazier has a hard time staying healthy and has no place on the Yanx as a day to day player...and we have no idea if Andujar will return to his previous form after his injury either. However, at least for now, both Frazier and Andujar do have some value to other teams so why not trade them since they are very expendable?
    Arenado may very well be arguably the best 3Bman in the game, both on offense and defense, so how could acquiring him possibly be a bad thing?

BigDaddyAl1973 likes this.
  6. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Arenado at 3rd, be pretty awesome, huge salary though. If that deal were to go down would the Yankees make a further move and trade Gio?

7. yankeesince59

That would be my guess...I really like the kid but Urshela packaged with maybe another prospect may help us to also get rid of Stanton or Happ. But yeah, he has a very hefty contract and can opt out after 2021, though I can't see him doing that.

But personally, I think the Yanx will open the season with Geo at 3B. The Yanx could also make a move for another SS or 1Bman or OFer if they can jettison Stanton...I also hope that Sanchez gets his shit together this year because he has soured on me and I think the Yanx will regret letting Romine go and signing elsewhere.

Lillie and Mattingly23NY like this.
  8. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

^^^^^the Romine exodus just makes no sense specially in the ‘depth’ department. Romine was solid
    as a Yankee. Yankee management didn’t think so. Pity. This move will come back and bite them big time
    especially if Sanchez falls into his lackadaisical ways! Something to watch this year.

Mattingly23NY and Lillie like this.
  9. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Since he Yankees elected to let Romine go, they signed Ianetta and kratz to minor league deals. Per Joel Sherman today the Yankees also signed former Met Josh Thole to a minor league deal as well. No wonder why Yankees Fans wonder about Cashman. Sanchez, and Stanton, would love to see those two gone along with Frazier & Happ. Give Andujar a shot at DH if this alleged Arenado Deal is not going to happen.

Lillie likes this.
  10. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Anyone think that perhaps Romine wanted to be the starter and no longer wanted to be a backup?

11. yankeesince59

Romine wanting to play more is only natural but the Tigers didn't exactly commit to anything past this year...only a 1 year $4 Mil contract. Still can't believe the Yanx wouldn't pay him that much, if they had, he may have stayed, but who knows.

Mattingly23NY and Lillie like this.
  12. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    if I were stuck playing behind Sanchez over the course of past 5, going on 6 seasons, I'd committ career suicide too, by going to the worst team in MLB for 2019... any bone is better than no bone?

cagedlion and Lillie like this.