Arenas and Richardson to Orlando

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by CohanHater, Dec 18, 2010.

1. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Orlando looks like they are super fun team to watch now. They picked up Arenas, Richardson and Hedo in 2 deals. Chicago, Boston, Orlando and Miami will all have some nice strengths. I think watching the East in the playoffs this season should be fun.

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

All bad defenders. Do they go back to Hedo at PF? Never was a fan of that but it got them to the finals. Bass and Howard doesn't seem like a good fit and Ryan Anderson probably shouldn't start. That's a LOT of talent though. Lots of matchup issues and lots of firepower.

3. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I didn't understand the Arenas for Lewis part of the trade. Orlando has less front court depth because of trading Gortat. Ryan Anderson is the backup center and he's hurt while Brandon Bass is short for a PF. Lewis has dropped considerably, but was he that bad that they had to do the deal now? Arenas wasn't going anywhere.

4. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Apparently Otis Smith was super-tight with Arenas here in GS his rookie year. The idea is that Smith will be able to motivate/handle Arenas. I mean, c'mon, he's Agent Zero -- one of the best players in the league a few years back. The only thing that can stop him is himself, which is what has happened the last part of his career (along with injuries). But if he can come in and reinvent himself, That will be a coup for Orlando. I think being on a contender will motivate Arenas to be great again.

5. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Once again people are focusing on the "names" instead of the current players.

Arenas is so done. He's a knucklehead and a ball hog who has no interest in any D. That's why his teams have never gone anywhere.

JRich is a nice player but he's not someone who's going to get you anywhere. He's got the worst defensive on the ball feet in the league; sits on his heals.

Great deal for Wash because Lewis' contract will be up after next year.

Phx got more size, Gortat, cash and a pick.

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I bet Dwight Howard leaves after this. In a perfect dream, he'd sign with the Warriors because of Curry. :) That definitely solves any issues with our center problem. Any team with a strong center and backcourt is bound to be a perennial playoff team.