Around the Forum

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Zhone, May 12, 2005.

1. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Just wanted to let you guys know that if you didn't read it, I've been on last week and this week's Around the Forum over in the games/contests section.

If you didn't already know, ATF is just a debate on a topic each week. It's pretty fun although really tough to manage against several opponents at once.

So if you haven't been reading it or forgetting to now is a good reason to look over there to see what I'm saying about life, the universe, and the NBA (at least in the scope of each topic). Maybe we could get more Warriors fans to join, since the Sonics fans are rallying up! [​IMG]

Hopefully I'll advance but who knows, with finals this week I put in only an average showing. My last final is today so I'll be watching basketball on my couch for a few days to wind down. [​IMG]

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Sounds fun [​IMG]

"Is streetball hurting the NBA?" sounds like a fun debate over there.

I don't know too many streetballers that are in the NBA except for Ricky Davis and Rafer Alston, but they all went to college and played organized ball. It's the streetballers that have had no formal coaching that would probably hurt the NBA if their raw talent took them there. But if they got the talent to break down people one-on-one, use it! Baron Davis has street ball type moves and much like Pete Maravich's "one-handed pass fakes", the extra motion just dazzles and causes the defense to freeze up for a split second to make another move.

Streetball really helps the one-on-one element of the game, because everyone clears out for you so you can practice busting up the other guy, but it's not for everyone if you aren't strong or fast or especially if you're not a good shot. It definitely doesn't help you within the context of the sport of basketball as a team game, but it definitely teaches you to be tough on D or otherwise you get taken to school and embarassed. I think the biggest problem is that too many people who like to play that style can't shoot that well because they rely on their athletcism too much. It's all about being the threat inside and out so when your defender backs off you thinking you're going to drive, you can punish him with a stepback jumper.

[​IMG]

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I'd love to see some more of these fine Warriors' posters participate in ATF.

If anybody would like to do it, PM me.

4. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Did you get mine 44?

5. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

6. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44Thrilla:</div><div class="quote_post">I'd love to see some more of these fine Warriors' posters participate in ATF.

If anybody would like to do it, PM me.</div>

I would be interested.

7. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44Thrilla:</div><div class="quote_post">^Yup.</div>
    Am I in or what?