Artest is a MANIAC

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by groupiezsuck, Nov 19, 2004.

1. groupiezsuck

groupiezsuck JBB JustBBall Member

What kind of IDIOT goes into the stands and starts hitting fans that didnt do anything?!

Go back and watch the video, -- ARTEST AND JACKSON WERE PUNCHING FANS THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CUP THROWING. (Yea, go watch the video before you make some <font color="Blue">******</font> comment.. the guy Artest attacked was not the guy who threw the cup)

I agree <font size="3">100000000000000000%</font> that the guy who threw the cup should have been arrested, but to go into the stands and hit people that were innocent is <font color="Blue">*******</font> rediculous!

Artest and the Pacers DESERVED to be punched by the fans who were DEFENDING the innocent guys getting pummeled.

I do not agree with fans throwing things at players, but Ron Artest should have never went into the stands like that. Yea, I know you are going to say "self defense" - BUT HOW IS IT SELF DEFENSE WHEN YOU ARE BEATING UP A GUY THAT DIDNT DO IT!? The guys on ESPN are clueless right now.

I hope the fan that started it all is arrested, and charged with assault. But I also think Jackson and Artest should be arrested for assaulting fans that had nothing to do with the incident.

<font color="Blue"><font size="1">Watch the language - VC</font></font>

2. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

What kind of idiot throws stuff at a player? Artest went off the fact that he was fired up first Ben Wallace threw something at him. And then Fans, Artest is a man how much do you want him to take, be serious for a minutes.

3. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

If Artest is going to go into the stands, he better have a good idea of who he's going after and why. I agree that it was really stupid of him to just basically fling himself into a crowd and punch everyone in sight (that's essentially what happened). Emotions were running high, and his behavior was understandable given the circumstances, but that doesn't excuse his behavior. The "self-defense" excuse doesn't really work, if you think about it. How are you protecting yourself by running into the stands and instigating even MORE violence?

Artest should definitely be suspended for some games, but I hope the NBA doesn't go overboard and suspend him for the season like some people are calling for. That would be totally messed up.

4. groupiezsuck

Be serious about what? THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS.

I do not agree with throwing things at players, but players should NEVER go into the stands like that. EVER. We are not being "serious" - we are talking about pros.

If he was on the street and someone threw a cup at his shoulder, it would be a different story. But he is working. That is his job. Think about it for a second kid.

5. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting groupiezsuck:</div><div class="quote_post">What kind of IDIOT goes into the stands and starts hitting fans that didnt do anything?!

Go back and watch the video, -- ARTEST AND JACKSON WERE PUNCHING FANS THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CUP THROWING. (Yea, go watch the video before you make some smart *** comment.. the guy Artest attacked was not the guy who threw the cup)

I agree <font size="3">100000000000000000%</font> that the guy who threw the cup should have been arrested, but to go into the stands and hit people that were innocent is ******* rediculous!

Artest and the Pacers DESERVED to be punched by the fans who were DEFENDING the innocent guys getting pummeled.

I do not agree with fans throwing things at players, but Ron Artest should have never went into the stands like that. Yea, I know you are going to say "self defense" - BUT HOW IS IT SELF DEFENSE WHEN YOU ARE BEATING UP A GUY THAT DIDNT DO IT!? The guys on ESPN are clueless right now.

I hope the fan that started it all is arrested, and charged with assault. But I also think Jackson and Artest should be arrested for assaulting fans that had nothing to do with the incident.</div>
    Come on, watch the language please.

I agree with most parts, but the fans were in the wrong, also...and so were a few other players.

6. groupiezsuck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">If Artest is going to go into the stands, he better have a good idea of who he's going after and why. I agree that it was really stupid of him to just basically fling himself into a crowd and punch everyone in sight (that's essentially what happened). Emotions were running high, and his behavior was understandable given the circumstances, but that doesn't excuse his behavior. The "self-defense" excuse doesn't really work, if you think about it. How are you protecting yourself by running into the stands and instigating even MORE violence?

Artest should definitely be suspended for some games, but I hope the NBA doesn't go overboard and suspend him for the season like some people are calling for. That would be totally messed up.</div>

Perfectly said bro.

Like I said, I do not agree with fans doing that type of stuff - but it should have been handled in a different manner so innocent people were not the victims. If you disagree with that, you are just f'd up in the head.

EDIT: Sorry about the language.. i'm a little heated about this guys. It hits close to home, because i'm a frequent visitor of The Palace.

7. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting groupiezsuck:</div><div class="quote_post">Perfectly said bro.

Like I said, I do not agree with fans doing that type of stuff - but it should have been handled in a different manner so innocent people were not the victims. If you disagree with that, you are just f'd up in the head.

EDIT: Sorry about the language.. i'm a little heated about this guys. It hits close to home, because i'm a frequent visitor of The Palace.</div>
    It's okay :thumbsup:

Would you mind editing your first post?

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting groupiezsuck:</div><div class="quote_post">Be serious about what? THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS.

I do not agree with throwing things at players, but players should NEVER go into the stands like that. EVER. We are not being "serious" - we are talking about pros.

If he was on the street and someone threw a cup at his shoulder, it would be a different story. But he is working. That is his job. Think about it for a second kid.</div>
    Everyday basketball players like me and you are the ones that finally make it into the NBA, saying they're proffesionals means nothing, if someone has had a temper his whole life, going to the NBA wouldn't suddenly make him lose it because he's now a proffesional, just clarifying that.

Also why call Henacy a kid?

9. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Yeah, artest is the maniac throwing bottles to officals, a chair to Jermaine Oneal, and running down to the court picking a fight with other players. Give me a break. He is becoming the scapegoat as I mentioned in other posts. That riot is bigger than just Ron Artest. The fans acted just as much as animals as a single Artest did. Even after restraining Artest they continued to provoke and throw thing, and try to hit him. Uncalled for. Why didn't they just stop. Dont tell me, Ron is to blame for everything.

10. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Exactly Og15, by the way, I am a 22 year-old grown man. But anyway, if somebody came to your job throw anything at you, are you going to just let it slide? like I said be serious....

The only people that dont understand where Artest was coming form seems to be people on the side of the Pistons, I wonder why? Even the shoot around crew said it was just. The situation was dead but Pistons fans couldnt let it die down. Dont blame Artest Blame your fellow Pistons fans.

11. shoeaddict

shoeaddict JBB JustBBall Member

Im sorry. But the fans at THE PALACE has official lost all respects from everyone. There probably the dumbest fans to ever watch a sports event. Dont even say anything cause if it wasnt for that fan, it would have just ended there. Period. Pistons fans that sat in that section or near the tunnel disrespecting profession player are just pure idiots. A Boo is way better then watching a fan get dropped by JO ultimate punch.

12. jbbReal Deal

Facts are:

Hard foul by Artest, but not flagrant.

Wallace over-reacted, and shouldn't have shoved Artest in the first place.

Artest should've just went to the locker room, instead of laying down on the table...and Ben should've done the same, in the other direction.

The Detroit fans should've stayed in their seats, to wait until the fight is broken up...not making it worse.

Stephen Jackson and Artest should NOT have jumped out into the crowd.

13. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Artest scored 24 points and initially showed remarkable restraint. With 45 seconds left, he fouled Ben Wallace, who clearly overreacted and shoved Artest with a chokehold.

Artest walked away but was followed by Wallace, who had to be restrained. While players from both teams jawed at each other and order was being restored, Artest lay down on the scorer's table when he was hit with the bottle, and the Palace looked like a prison riot.</div>

http://www.nba.com/games/20041119/INDDET/recap.html

Ben over-reacted, it wasn't a flagrant foul or sth... it was just a hard foul. And Artest could have gone after Ben too, but he went with a different approach, calming way like an angel until that fan turned him into a devil.

14. TheHitman

TheHitman JBB JustBBall Member

Yo <font color="blue">******</font>... look at the camera closer. He might not have threw the beer but when Artest went to punch him, i saw him throw some stuff and laughing thinking it was funny. Artest hit EVERYONE that provoked him. He was punched in the back, it was all self-defense alright. Flying chairs and beer and popcorn and getting punched from the back. You would be a dumbass if you just sit there and let them hit you... <font color="Blue">********</font> and watch the video again <font color="Blue">*********</font>

<font size="1"><font color="Blue">No personal attacks - VC</font></font>

15. AllBoutDaPacers

AllBoutDaPacers JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">Facts are:

Hard foul by Artest, but not flagrant.

Wallace over-reacted, and shouldn't have shoved Artest in the first place.

Artest should've just went to the locker room, instead of laying down on the table...and Ben should've done the same, in the other direction.

The Detroit fans should've stayed in their seats, to wait until the fight is broken up...not making it worse.

Stephen Jackson and Artest should NOT have jumped out into the crowd.</div>
    I agree with you mostly. Artest couldn't go to the locker room because the game was still going on. He laid down on the scorers table because he knew that the league was gonna go after him expecially after he got suspended that one time for stepping on the court. Jackson hit a guy who threw something in his and artest's faces. I admit Jackson was looking for a fight. Artest was not. He was trying not to be suspended. I wish people would admit that they would do the same thing if they were artest. I think any player would have.

16. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

First off what those Detroit fans did (Not all of the fans, just those involved or those who support them) was really stupid.

But with that said, it's not just Detroit Pistons fans.

Some fan(atic)s are so into sports that they make it seem like it is their religion. You get the impression that the way they argue and fight that they would put their life on the line just for their favorite franchise or player (Kobe Bryant anyone?).

This is something that is happening all over the world and not just in Detroit or the NBA. And it has nothing to do with alcohol as many people will pin the blame on.

This is just part of the problem with society today. People losing sight of what a sport is and what reality is.

17. OGmAXiFY

OGmAXiFY JBB JustBBall Member

blame everyone...Pistons fans..Ben Wallace..and yes to some degree ron artest for running into the crowd..

but IMO, after being shuved by Ben wallace and hearing all the mockering from the pistons fans..and then finally have a beer thrown at you.. will want you to act on the situation..I'm not sayin what Artest did was right but it wasnt wrong either...I wouldn't let anyone abuse me like that...seriously how ARROGANT are these Pistons fans..their team winning the championship and thinking their the shit to push any team around....please...

18. iamme

iamme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting OGmAXiFY:</div><div class="quote_post">blame everyone...Pistons fans..Ben Wallace..and yes to some degree ron artest for running into the crowd..

but IMO, after being shuved by Ben wallace and hearing all the mockering from the pistons fans..and then finally have a beer thrown at you.. will want you to act on the situation..I'm not sayin what Artest did was right but it wasnt wrong either...I wouldn't let anyone abuse me like that...seriously how ARROGANT are these Pistons fans..their team winning the championship and thinking their the shit to push any team around....please...</div>
    Artest assaults an innocent bystander and he only gets some blame?

that's NOT wrong?

you'd be singing a different tune if you happened to be next to the guy who threw the beer, and Artest assaulted you.

19. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

I think Ben Wallace should be suspended and fined nut I'm not so sure about artest because i know that if it was me I would've done the same thing

20. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

started the whole thing?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting groupiezsuck:</div><div class="quote_post">What kind of IDIOT goes into the stands and starts hitting fans that didnt do anything?!

Go back and watch the video, -- ARTEST AND JACKSON WERE PUNCHING FANS THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CUP THROWING. (Yea, go watch the video before you make some smart ass comment.. the guy Artest attacked was not the guy who threw the cup)

I agree <font size="3">100000000000000000%</font> that the guy who threw the cup should have been arrested, but to go into the stands and hit people that were innocent is fucking rediculous!

I hope the fan that started it all is arrested, and charged with assault. But I also think Jackson and Artest should be arrested for assaulting fans that had nothing to do with the incident.</div>

Well we can all tell he is out of his mind. How do the Pacers deserve this when it was your beloved Ben Wallce that started it? The fan an Walace were at fault. Artest was calmed down while Wallace was provoking then on top of it the fan throws the beer at him which was totally disrespectful. That's as bad as telling someone theyre scum. The fan should be arrested, wallace suspended 10+games and Artest and Jackson fined.