Audio: Status with OSU Football, 750 The Game

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by Targus, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    A few concerns that jumped out (this is my paraphrase):

Rogers no where near ready. Lost speed.
    Hurting on special teams.
    DL lacks size.
    If OSU doesn't get healthy, the season is in serious trouble.
    If OSU doesn't have RB's step up, serious problems with offense.
    TE situation not stable and this is a key position in OSU offense for run/pass blocking.
    IF OSU gets healthy, best case is 3rd best in Pac.

There are some positives mentioned. I highlighted areas of major concern. Rogers is such a good kid and athlete. Man, I hope he's able to play this season. The talk is possibly after the bye week vs UCLA (?).

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...011/08/bald-faced_truth_with_john_can_40.html

"We have a pretty good picture of where he (Rogers) is right now,'' Riley said. "And that is not ready at this particular time." "We’re looking at a lot of contingencies at that receiver deal because we have the unknown with James,'' OSU coach Mike Riley said Monday. "If James plays, or if he’s coming back at some point – if that’s a reality – then how do we set this lineup? If James is not going to play, how do we set this lineup?''

COACH, I hope you have the answers to those questions otherwise it's going to be back to back record loss seasons - the first since 97, 98....which ironically, you coached between Pettibone and Erickson when you took the team to 3-8 and 5-6 seasons.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2011/08/oregon_state_beavers_the_lates.html

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Well-Known Member

You mean according to the beat reporter with a degree from Faber College, we're screwed if we're not healthy and screwed if we are? Well someone should call up Mike Riley and let him know to pack it in now, we might as well not even bother playing the games.

3. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    It's Rodgers, not Rogers. And I think any conference team's best case scenario is 3rd behind Oregon and Stanford this season.

4. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Thanks for the correction on Rodgers. I do that too often -- 2:00am posts.

You knocking Buker? That's just nonsense. The guy bleeds orange and black. So what if he's not the most accomplished or educated reporter. The guy has great connections, is passionate, honest and offers good insight. His twitter is a good read for all things Beaver. Even I read it, lol. https://twitter.com/#!/Pnbuker