Back With Bucks, Skinner Bashes Blazers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by NJNetz, Aug 8, 2006.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Brian Skinner says he's comfortable being back in Milwaukee after getting more than his share of rainy weather and "contagious" apathy in Portland at the end of last season.

Skinner, who was traded to the Bucks in a four-player deal July 31, sounded happy to be free from teammates in Portland who he said simply stopped trying.

"It's contagious, and it carried like wildfire throughout the whole team," Skinner said Monday. "Even players that were really dedicated and really wanted to be there, just made it seem like it was for naught."

"It's everything," Skinner said. "From the way you just sit down at the dinner table, to how you walk, you can just tell when a player [has] not really lost their passion, but just lost their initiative to go out and try to win. And it just goes through everything. It goes through everything and completely destroys a team."</div>
    Source

2. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

Although I think its stupid for a player to go and bash an organization right after they get traded (especially if that player is the biggest scrub on the planet), he does have a point.

I am optimistic that the Blazers will turn it around though. Give a few more players the boot and acquire more quality youngsters like Roy or Aldridge and the Blazers will be headed in a new direction.

3. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting asdf:</div><div class="quote_post">Although I think its stupid for a player to go and bash an organization right after they get traded (especially if that player is the biggest scrub on the planet), he does have a point.

I am optimistic that the Blazers will turn it around though. Give a few more players the boot and acquire more quality youngsters like Roy or Aldridge and the Blazers will be headed in a new direction.</div>
    Agreed 100%. I`d rid of Miles and Randolph, they`re 2 main reasons why Portland has been getting bad rep. I really think this team will turn around sooner though.

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Soft Parade:</div><div class="quote_post">Agreed 100%. I`d rid of Miles and Randolph, they`re 2 main reasons why Portland has been getting bad rep. I really think this team will turn around sooner though.</div>
    The thing is, they have been trying to get rid of Miles and Randolph since last season, I believe. And so far, they have had no success. Nobody will want these players since they have a huge contract, zero work ethic, and will be cancerous to the team.

5. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Brian:</div><div class="quote_post">Nobody will want these players since they have a huge contract, zero work ethic, and will be cancerous to the team.</div>

I hear one general manager (guess who) is trying to trade for Darius Miles as we speak. If the Blazers are smart, they will take the Knicks deal and swap Quentin Richardson for Miles.