Bad decision

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by T.Oforphil81, May 3, 2004.

1. T.Oforphil81

T.Oforphil81 nfl-*****s member

Listen up everybody thinks that eligh maning is going to be the best qb in the east. but if you have watched his games you would know that when presured he becomes an avarage qb. So tell me why would you go and get an qb who will face a team with a jevon kearse or La'Roi Glover. who is averaging about 6.5 sacks. all i am saying is that he should not be a starter.

2. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

well, seriously, who do the giants have in return to start?

remember, they dropped kerry collins...

3. T.Oforphil81

That too why would you drafdt a player who is a little b###h i mean seriously. he is just like oh wait there were not any qbs like this little cry baby. i hope he gets hurt and cant play the whole year.

4. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

whoa, whoa, whoa!

about a month ago we had a problem w/ cadillac saying that he hoped that a guy would get in jured and never play again...

ya just cant say ya wish someone gets hurt. i agree he should have just played for san diego instead of cry to get traded, but ya just cant say that

5. T.Oforphil81

Okay so i went over the deep end but come on. About 4 yrs ago he was nothing now he is playing in the nfl. he should be happy that he was even drafted by a team. i mean if you are ghoing to be a little baby and not play for the team you were drafted by why should you deserve to play at all. I mean if it is somthing you love dose it even matter who it is u are playing for.

6. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

OK. Nearly everybody who just got drafted was pretty much nothing four years ago. With few exceptions, they were big fish in a small pond. A QB coming up to the bigs has little chance of success early in their run, but Eli has the pedigree to succeed. Whether he will or not remains to be seen.

Calling him a B*tch is not very productive or insightful. He was an extremely successful QB at every level so far. Is he a B*tch because he is a pocket passer, or because pressure makes him leave the pocket? Collins hasn't exactly lit it up consistently, and on occasion had a tendency to fold under pressure.

If Eli had fallen to the #2 spot because the Chargers didn't have balls, or brains, I would have been thrilled to see him in Silver and Black. Despite the current craze in running QB's, a QB who can throw the ball downfield on target is always in demand.

BTW, I?m sure your wish of injury on a player is nothing more than grandstanding to make a point. Please tell me I?m right.

Finally, a team?s rights to a player are only as strong as the player?s resolve to not play for them. When John Elway was drafted by the Colts and said ?No F*cking way? (OK, I paraphrased), the Colts found a way to get value for the pick. He turned down the $$ and played minor league ball for the Yankees (at least I think he played? Did he just threaten to?). Players have as much right to play where they want as you do to choose where you work. There is a negotiated system of drafting and salary cap in place that keeps the Steinbrenner?s (SP)of the world from winning everything, every time, but it still comes down to ?where do people want to play?.

7. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA............WAAAAAAAAAAA.......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Terrel doesnt like Baltimore Terrel like Philadelphia WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

speaking of bitches ^
    |

Think about terrel situation. He didnt file at the right time. there is no excuse.. u shouldnt wait until the last minute for anything as important as that!!!!!!!!!!

8. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Exactly GF1. TO is the biggest whiner in the game today and this guy has the nerve to talk about Eli Manning like he is going to be a bad player or even a bad seed. I feel bad cus I really think the eagles are going to disapoint there fans this season and then the real whiners will come out. They'll probably chant for james thrashb when TO drops a big catch.

9. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

That would be hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Talk about Eli Manning crying just makes me laugh. He'll probably conduct himself no different than Peyton has. The kid was born to be a football player. If it's physically possible, he'll be very good for a long time.

11. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

I really am beginning to hate agreeing with SF, but what the hell. Wait, I said it first, he agreed with me. [​IMG]

12. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

I just cant wait. Imagine this.

It's first game of the season in Phildelphia. The Crowd is pumped. The Giants win the cointoss and have the ball first. Eli drops back, looks left, looks right. Toomer is blanketed by Sheppard on the left. Ike Hilliard is covered by Brown on the right. Shockey is running down the middle of the field. Tiki Barber is staying in to block. Eli keeps looking, Dawkins faked the blitz to confuse him. Jevon Kearse comes around the corner, Brushes Tiki Aside and WHAM!!!! Eli fumbles the Ball...Corey Simon picks it up and runs it in for a TD. The Crowd is going wild. Chating "JEVON JEVON JEVON". Jevon Kearse helps Eli Manning up..Looks him in the face and says "Welcome to the NFL Bitch"

How awesome would that be.

13. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Wake Up ur dream is over. Terrel owens open catches the ball at the 40, the 50, the 40, the 30, 20, 10, Terrel Owens is trotting and doin the deion show boat. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Barret Brooks nails him from behind and Terrel drops the ball and Will allen recovers the fumble and then returns it 99 yds for the TD

14. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

i think that would be funnier

15. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Funnier, maybe... Realistic...No

16. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

o realism was supposed to be involved how about by week 8 the eagles fans are callin for to's head!

17. Pats37

So why was yours realistic E4L? Lito sheppard couldn't hold Toomers jock nevermind tuck him in with this blanket you speak of.

18. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

oooooooooo........... low blow.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i think there secondary is in deep trouble this year

19. Pats37

It's all a question of whether brown and sheppard can step up their play cus they are the guys now. taylor and vincent are gone so there is noone to lean on any more.

20. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Dawkins and Lewis are the best safety tandem in the league. That makes half of the secondary, even if Sheppard and Brown are average, they'll be good enough.