bakes mock V1 w/ trades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bakes781, Apr 20, 2007.

1. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

(1) Raiders - JAMARCUS RUSSELL, QB, LSU
    I know they're attempting to bring in a QB so they can select Calvin, but nobody is interested in Moss or Porter.

(2) *TRADE* Falcons - CALVIN JOHNSON, WR, GEORGIA TECH
    Detroit doesn't want the pressure of having to select this high. Atlanta has the extra picks to make this move & what better way to support Vick.

(3) Browns - JOE THOMAS, OT, WISCONSIN
    With a history of bad luck with injury prone RBs Cleveland shys away from Peterson. Savage knows 1st hand as the GM during Baltimore's SB run that a franchise QB isn't always necessary.

(4) Buccaneers - GAINES ADAMS, DE, CLEMSON
    They lose out on the Calvin sweepstakes, but get the future replacement for Simeon Rice instead.

(5) Cardinals - AMOBI OKOYE, DT, LOUISVILLE
    With Thomas off the board the Cardinals look to address the DL with this 19 year old phenom.

(6) *TRADE* Dolphins - BRADY QUINN, QB, NOTRE DAME
    Miami trades up ahead of Minnesota in case they or Detriot had their eyes on the potential franchise QB.

(7) Vikings - LARON LANDRY, S, LSU
    Minnesota would prefer to trade down & get a WR, but they probably won't find any buyers. Landry will become Sharper's future replacement & should help improve their run D.

(8) Lions - PATRICK WILLIS, LB, MISSISSIPPI
    A bit of a reach perhaps, but Detroit is desperate to fix this defense. Along side Sims, Willis makes for a great combo at LB.

(9) Redskins - LEVI BROWN, OT, PENN STATE
    Replacing Samuels should go along way in improving this OL. Without a pick in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th rounds Snyder would be wise to trade down.

(10) Texans - ADRIAN PETERSON, RB, OKLAHOMA
    Houston may be the happiest team on draft day. Peterson slides right into their laps & just maybe helps the fans forget about Reggie Bush.

(11) 49ers - ALAN BRANCH, DT, MICHIGAN
    In order to have an effective 3-4 you need a massive NT who can take on multiple blockers.

(12) Bills - LEON HALL, CB, MICHIGAN
    Replacing Clements will be a point of emphasis come draft day. Hall is a better value than Lynch at this point.

(13) Rams - JAMAAL ANDERSON, DE, ARKANSAS
    The defense needs a major face lift. Linehan understands the importance of having a solid pass rush.

(14) Panthers - TED GINN JR, WR, OHIO STATE
    A burner alongside Smith is just what the doctor ordered for this offense. Ginn's return skills will make him extra valuable to Carolina.

(15) Steelers - DARRELLE REVIS, CB, PITTSBURGH
    Pittsburg should know better than to let this local product slip past them here. Revis presents great value & he should fit right in with that D.

(16) Packers - MARSHAWN LYNCH, RB, CALIFORNIA
    Ahman Green he is not, but Lynch's versatility should make for a great weapon for Brett Favre.

(17) Jaguars - REGGIE NELSON, S, FLORIDA
    Jacksonville misses out on Ted Ginn, but in the process see the 2nd best S slide to them here.

(18) Bengals - PAUL POSLUSZNY, LB, PENN STATE
    Cincinnati assures themselves of getting a high character guy in Paul. His tenacity isn't lacking either.

(19) Titans - CHRIS HOUSTON, CB, ARKANSAS
    Pacman is gone for the season & Tennessee needs a shut down corner if they're going to compete with Indy.

(20) Giants - LAWRENCE TIMMONS, LB, FLORIDA STATE
    Depth has been a concern at LB for the Giants. After losing Emmons & Arrington there is no greater need right now.

(21) Broncos - JOE STALEY, OT, CENTRAL MICHIGAN
    Revamping a once great OL will be crucial for the future success of Jay Cutler in Denver.

(22) Cowboys - ADAM CARRIKER, DE, NEBRASKA
    Dallas lands the perfect fit for their 3-4 defense. Adam will be a great bookend with Marcus Spears.

(23) Chiefs - DWAYNE BOWE, WR, LSU
    Kansas City lacks a receiving threat outside of Tony Gonzalez. Bowe will give them another weapon in the red zone.

(24) Patriots - ROBERT MEACHEM, WR, TENNESSEE
    Not a great need right now, but with Stallworth likely only here for 1 year the value is too great to pass up.

(25) Jets - GREG OLSEN, TE, MIAMI
    NYJ have been lacking a consistent TE threat for a long time. Olsen shot up many boards with his workout at the combine.

(26) *TRADE* Lions - MARCUS MCCAULEY, CB, FRESNO STATE
    Detroit trades up to nab their guy in fear that New Orleans may take him. With the loss of Dre Bly getting a CB of size is imperative.

(27) Saints - AARON ROSS, CB, TEXAS
    New Orleans still manages to get a quality CB without much drop off in value. Ross also has value as a returner.

(28) Patriots - BRANDON MERIWEATHER, S, MIAMI
    Preferably I think New England would like to trade down here, but the only potential buyer might be Tampa. Meriweather has the versatility to play CB as well as S.

(29) Ravens - JUSTIN BLALOCK, G, TEXAS
    Pretty much the consensus pick with the aging OL. Run blocking is Blalock's strong suit, which should fit in well with what Baltimore likes to do.

(30) Chargers - MICHAEL GRIFFIN, S, TEXAS
    As deep as the WR class is this year it would be a reach to select one here. SD has to address the S position.

(31) Bears - ZACH MILLER, TE, ARIZONA STATE
    Chicago picks up a great weapon for Rex. Zach has more in common with Todd Heap than just being a TE from ASU.

(32) Colts - JON BEASON, LB, MIAMI
    The late run on DBs forces Indy to hold off on addressing their most obvious need. Replacing Cato June is also crucial to their attempt at repeating.

*Detroit trades #2 to Atlanta for #8, #39 & #44
    *Washington trades #6 to Miami for #9 & #60
    *Philadelphia trades #26, #90 & #162 to Detroit for #34, #66 & #101 :sleepy:

2. BearNole 6304

BearNole 6304 nfl-*****s member

yo bakes u did it yo thang wit dis one dawg. im feelin it. i still think cleveland would take peterson though

3. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

I'd hate to see CJ picked in Atlanta. I'd rather see him under Martz system than having Vick under center...

4. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearNole 6304)</div><div class='quotemain'>yo bakes u did it yo thang wit dis one dawg.</div>
    HUH??? if your gonna speak like that atleast type it in right

5. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearNole 6304)</div><div class='quotemain'>yo bakes u did it yo thang wit dis one dawg. im feelin it. i still think cleveland would take peterson though</div>
    lol thanks! The Atlanta deal ruins my hopes of the Pats trading out of the 1st round. I feel confident they're going to draft the best player available at 24 regardless of need. And then look to get the best value for what they need at either LB/S by trading back into the 2nd round.

6. BearNole 6304

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearNole 6304)</div><div class='quotemain'>yo bakes u did it yo thang wit dis one dawg.</div>
    HUH??? if your gonna speak like that atleast type it in right</div>
    i can do whateva i want 2 and spell what i want, u gonna do somethin bout it. dis what we do in chi-town, u must not be from round here

7. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearNole 6304)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearNole 6304)</div><div class='quotemain'>yo bakes u did it yo thang wit dis one dawg.</div>
    i can do whateva i want 2 and spell what i want, u gonna do somethin bout it. dis what we do in chi-town, u must not be from round here</div>
    It's true. He can. I'd call it of freedom of speech, but...

8. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearNole 6304)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearNole 6304)</div><div class='quotemain'>yo bakes u did it yo thang wit dis one dawg.</div>
    i can do whateva i want 2 and spell what i want, u gonna do somethin bout it. dis what we do in chi-town, u must not be from round here</div>
    Do what talk like you have a 6th grade education? Tell ya what G.. why don't we hop in the hooptie go split some wigs.. peel some caps.. den we can go to the hizouse for come chitlins and kool-aid..

BTW i am playing with you

9. BearNole 6304

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do what talk like you have a 6th grade education? Tell ya what G.. why don't we hop in the hooptie go split some wigs.. peel some caps.. den we can go to the hizouse for come chitlins and kool-aid..

BTW i am playing with you</div>
    dont stereotype us man, i can be professional but y do it here. aint nobody on here 2 judge me dawg so keep yo lil comments