Barcelona boss upset over Henry staying on in France

Discussion in 'Europe' started by CelticKing, Sep 11, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Barcelona boss upset over Henry staying on in France</p>

Barcelona boss Joan Laporta says he is "outraged" that France has chosen to keep Thierry Henry in their squad for a Euro 2008 qualifier against Scotland on Wednesday even though the striker is suspended.

"He has a yellow card and he can't play but the coach wants him to stay," Spanish sports daily Marca quoted Laporta as saying on its Internet site on Tuesday.

"So we have done what we could so that the player returns. I am outraged by this unjust and inappropriate action," he said.

Laporta added that it was a "disgrace" that clubs were required to let their international players take part in national team matches without receiving any compensation in return.

Henry's continued presence with the French national team means he will miss the final of the Copa Catalunya against Gimnastic Tarragona on Tuesday.

The 30-year-old picked up the yellow card during France's goalless draw away to Italy on Saturday for kicking Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro. </p>

2. CelticKing

Yeah, I don't understand why he has to stay with France when he can't play for them because of the suspension.</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Laporta added that it was a "disgrace" that clubs were required to let their international players take part in national team matches without receiving any compensation in return.</div></p>

I guess he's right, I mean they might get injured while playing for their national team. Luca Toni for example, got injured while playing for Italy, now will miss the game Bayern plays vs. Schalke 04. </p>

3. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

But in all fairnes Henry probably has good mates in the French squad, Gallas and Wiltord for example. and i'd rather stay with friends and have a laugh

4. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max)</div><div class='quotemain'>But in all fairnes Henry probably has good mates in the French squad, Gallas and Wiltord for example. and i'd rather stay with friends and have a laugh</div>

True, but not when the club is paying you millions to play for them. IMO there should be a rule for these things. </p>