Barcelona vs Werder Bremen

Discussion in 'Europe' started by dycdan, Dec 4, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

With Chelsea guaranteed a spot who will finish second/top in the group? More importantly whos jumping into the UEFA Cup?

I would love to see the Germans annihilate Barcelona out of the Champions league, as I'm sure a lot of other people would. They certinaly have the potential to do so with the likes of Diego, Klose, Naldo, Fritz etc.

My prediction would be 2:1 to Bremen, with both Diego and Klose netting goals.

Whats your predictions on this group-c clash?

2. gunnerz

gunnerz DYC Forza La Bianconeri

first of all, chelsea arent guaranteed a spot. They can still not make it.
    Anyway, i think barca will win. Lets face it, they probably want it more than bremen. (mainly coz if they lose, they will be the first defending champions to be eliminated at the group stages.) Its a barca win for me. If not a draw. I cant imagine werder getting past barcas world class defence. Its hard to say without eto'o and messi, but if werder score first, it is going to be bloody hard for barca. This game will be as tense as the final itself.
    Barca 2-0

3. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

Love to know how you worked that out? As they're guaranteed to go through, already - talking about Chelsea BTW.

4. gunnerz

gunnerz DYC Forza La Bianconeri

well chelsea and werder are on the same points right? 10 each.

P W D L Pts
    Chelsea 5 3 1 1 10
    Werder 5 3 1 1 10
    Barca 5 2 2 1 8
    Levski 5 0 0 0 0

So if barca beat werder, than the table will be like this:

P W D L Pts
    Barca 6 3 2 1 11
    Chelsea 5 3 1 1 10
    Werder 6 3 1 1 10
    Levski 5 0 0 0 0

Therefore barca r through, but chelsea still have to play. So if they lose to Levski by more than Werder lose to barca, then werder and Barca r through to the next round, leaving poor chelsea out by goal difference.
    This is a fact that has been picked up by hardly anyone, and its so obvious.
    I noe it probably wont happen, but theres still a chance.