Baron Davis and The Game

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Run BJM, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

2. YayAreaFanatic

YayAreaFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

yeah, The Game mentions Baron Davis and some other dude in the last track of his CD. I can't remember the track's proper name, but it is the very last track, something like "Like Father, Like Son". anyway he mentions Baron's name about halfway through the track.

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

G-Uniiiiit!

[​IMG]

For all the old timers that don't know what the heck this thread is about. "The Game" is a member of gangsta rapper, 50 cent's rap group called "G-Unit".

Also the press seems to make a big deal out of bringing up that actress Kate Hudson graduated with Baron Davis at the Crossroads prep school. I thought Baron Davis was from Santa Monica, but some are saying he's from South Central LA/Compton and he grew up with The Game?

4. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Baron and Game are best friends...Baron is like the God Father to Game's son or something.

btw...Game's not with G-Unit.

5. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Baron got an athletic scholarship and he went from South Central to one of the ritziest high schools in L.A. He was still pretty poor but his grandma and basketball kept him out of trouble and he grew up pretty well.

6. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">btw...Game's not with G-Unit.</div>
    they're cool now though right?

I knew they were friends, Game has some game. I guess Baron taught him a thing or two in basketball.

7. Custodianrules2

I heard 50, G-Unit and The Game all made up for the money's sake.

I like their music beats, but I don't really care for who they are. They're all a bunch of ex-slangers and bangers who probably were doing all sorts of things violent or illegal like they claim they did. Either that or they're just lying about it to sell the image of a thug, reinforcing a bad racial stereotype and influencing other youths it's cool to shoot, sell drugs, and start gangs. It's hard growing up in a violent area where you have to worry about protecting yourself, avoiding poverty, and getting out but there's other ways it can be done than what they claimed they did "to survive" in their rap songs.

That's just my opinion since I don't want to be confused with a lot of tards that don't think about the music they listen to even though it sounds cool. I think for the most part their stuff sounds cool, but I like 50 cent more even though the majority of the songs are glorifying the life of a thug rather than rapping about how tough it was and how they overcame adversity, drugs and violence to go on to do something better.

8. Custodianrules2

Should we vote to move this to the Warriors Lounge since it's sort of off topic to Baron Davis and NBA basketball?

9. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I wouldnt mind if you to moved it. (It is rather off-topic) Do what you have to...