Baron davis clips, LOOK WHAT WE HAVE TO LOOK FOWARD TO

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by GoldenstWarrior, Feb 25, 2005.

1. GoldenstWarrior

GoldenstWarrior JBB JustBBall Member

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

OMG. I have not seen very much of BDiddy, but man, those clips were sweet! I did not know he had ups like that. That is like a bigger version of Steve Francis...

3. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

I'm still waiting for this to download [​IMG] 49 percent complete

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Here's a clip from the other thread

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0TDJA5O...CO1P31R53G5C9MG

Hopefully they are different clips. It's 40 megs I think. They make him look like Steve Francis, but he's a way better passer and has better court vision and higher assists to turnovers ratio. He's got really long arms did anyone notice? And Jrich has pretty long arms, but Baron's seem like they're really long.

5. flamehead

flamehead JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

uh? u mean u guys didnt know baron davis had tremendous hops? he was in the dunk contest once for christ's sake.

6. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting flamehead:</div><div class="quote_post">uh? u mean u guys didnt know baron davis had tremendous hops? he was in the dunk contest once for christ's sake.</div>
    uh? Can you give the guy a break. Not everyone's going to know every single player in the nba like the majority of fans here on JBB, for gosh sake. Of course I think I do.

And way to go and address everyone in the thread with "u guys" when there was only one person who wasn't familar with Baron Davis' hops. It's not a big deal. In the future, please put a little more thought in your contributions next time before you start addressing the entire audience of a topic or at least seek to inform casual NBA fans rather than charge in with otiose comments.

7. GSWScruff

GSWScruff JBB JustBBall Member

Don't mess with the custodian, he takes out the garbage!

8. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

This video was ill.

9. GSWScruff

I just watched that video again. His quickness is unbelievable (especially considering he weighs in at 215-225!). Even on some of those slow motion clips, when he accelerates his feet are just a blur. He's not going to be as quick as Speedy, but this guy can flat out move.

He also seems to get away with a lot of carries and travels. That could certainly come in handy!

10. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GSWScruff:</div><div class="quote_post">I just watched that video again. His quickness is unbelievable (especially considering he weighs in at 215-225!). Even on some of those slow motion clips, when he accelerates his feet are just a blur. He's not going to be as quick as Speedy, but this guy can flat out move.

He also seems to get away with a lot of carries and travels. That could certainly come in handy!</div>
    I don't think he travelled that much. You are allowed two and a half steps coming off the drive toward the basket. But it definitely looked like he walked, huh? I tell ya, most refs will usually call travelling on big men because they keep moving or picking up their pivot foot when they are in the post. Or often times they get bumped off their pivot foot by their defender or in Dale Davis or Karl Malone's technique, they'll pull the chair from under the post player so they lose their balance and fall over backwards. That's why physical strength, mixed with agility, balance and coordination is so important as a power forward or a center. Lots of stiffs or tweeners...

11. GSWScruff

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">You are allowed two and a half steps coming off the drive toward the basket.</div>You're right, I forgot about that garbage rule. That has never made any sense to me, you are allowed only 1.5 steps off the jump stop, but 2.5 off the collected dribble. I guess it's just there to allow for more exciting plays off the dribble. That rule definately helps Baron out, that's for sure.

About the chair move, I liked that DD was teaching it to our big men at the beginning of the season. I hope Biedrins really remembers his practices with Dale and Cliff, because between those two guys, they probably know every post defense technique and trick in the book. It's too bad we don't have anyone like that to teach him post offense. We need to bring back Clifford Ray!

12. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GSWScruff:</div><div class="quote_post">You're right, I forgot about that garbage rule. That has never made any sense to me, you are allowed only 1.5 steps off the jump stop, but 2.5 off the collected dribble. I guess it's just there to allow for more exciting plays off the dribble. That rule definately helps Baron out, that's for sure.
    </div>
    Well, it's definitely allows you to stay more under control and it allows you to tuck the ball under your arms when you do it so you don't get stripped. So if you're good at track events like triple jump and use the two big steps to advance or step around into the lane before you take off, you can really blow by right between or around multiple defenders like Speedy Claxton and some of these guards with fast feet and agility can. I love that move Speedy does when he freezes one defender with a little crossover, steps around him with his left leg and then uses a long right step to move into the help defender and then finally goes in for the layup off the half step. It's just so quick and he gains a lot of ground with that fast footwork. You guys know what I'm talking about.

13. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I have to say, I have not watch very many hornets games or NO games. Sorry. Not having cable until last year is pretty much the reason for that. I knew about him, and I knew he had some ups, but I did not think he had that much...

14. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

^Tell me about the video. The download didn't work!

15. GSWScruff

^ It shows Baron breaking down several guys off the dribble (and I mean making them look SILLY) and throwing down some huge dunks. It shows a couple of nice passes too, as well as a disgusting block. Some of the better ones were of him slicing through the Detroit defense and dunking on Bobby Sura and another with him ripping a tomahawk over Jermaine O'Neal. Narsty.

16. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

^Making them look Silly as in Speedy Claxton making Dan Dickau look silly? Man I really hope he can dunk as good as he is hyped up

17. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">I have to say, I have not watch very many hornets games or NO games. Sorry. Not having cable until last year is pretty much the reason for that. I knew about him, and I knew he had some ups, but I did not think he had that much...</div>
    Relax, don't worry about it. Not everybody's going to have the time or access to watch all the nba players. [​IMG] That's why I had to say something. You are the man still.

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">^Tell me about the video. The download didn't work!</div>
    Try downloading this codec

http://www.download.com/DivX-Player-with-D...tml?tag=lst-0-4

You don't have to install the player, but just install the DivX codec so your video can work. (co-dec is compression/decompression) and makes video sizes smaller and many of these basketball clips require you have it.