Notice Barrera Stops Parker: Results

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Apr 16, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

The main event featured a brawl between Sullivan Barrera (19-1, 14 KOs) and Paul “Pay Per View” Parker (8-2, 4 KOs). The fight started off with both fighters trading shots and feeling each other out. Then Parker took five minutes to recover from a head butt and Barrera immediately knocked him down at the start of the next round. Parker managed to get back up and Barrera suffered a head butt shortly after. Barrera took just a moment to recover then came out with a vengeance and knocked down Parker. Within seconds of Parker getting up from the knockdown, the referee stopped the fight and Parker’s night was done at 2:08 of the fifth round.

An elated Sullivan said about his performance, “I feel great. Paul Parker is a great boxer but the only time he hurt me was with the head butt. I guess what happened with the head butt and everything, finally in the fifth round I was able to hit him as I wanted and everything went exactly the way I wanted it to. I am ready for the next level!”

Read more http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/04/barrera-stops-parker-results-mohegan-sun/