Baseball fans

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Rudeezy, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

If you love baseball like me and are looking for a decent baseball forum check out www.themlbforum.com.

Go A's!

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

The A's relief pitching is questionable. Everything else I like.

3. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Go Giants. Barry is going to make this another magical season by the Bay.

4. Rudeezy

Yea...with the help of steriods.

5. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea...with the help of steriods.</div>
    Proove it. Heh.. Giambi looks most suspicious. Look at that weight loss. Is that muscle mass or fat loss??

6. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea...with the help of steriods.</div>

Remember that the common perception was that steriods would cause increased mass and a higher propensity to be injured.

Barry has gradually become bigger. He had one year of 73 home runs. Did he take steroids just one year? Steroids do not help you hit .370, that's pure skill. Barry has only missed significant time due to injury once since 1993. Please tell me you are not relying on head size.

7. openglfx

If Barry stays healthy, and if he wants to. Don't you think he can play till he's 45? Like Julio Franco of the Braves?? Sure this sound ridiculous but say he avg. 40 Jacks a year for 5 more seasons. Will he be the lone ranger in the 800 club?

8. Custodianrules2

Don't be talking smack about Barry. Other teams wish they had Barry. Barry is the reason why people actually care about baseball. Yes I'm talking about Barry Zito. Z is the man. [​IMG]

9. Custodianrules2

Just kidding. Barry Bonds rules even though he's kind of cold to fans. Who has the all around defensive/offensive skill and durability to perform every season. The Balco thing is just a distraction. It's like the same thing of whether Kobe raped the girl or not. Sure he admitted to having sex with her, but did he actually rape her? Who knows. Sure the first thing that comes to everyone's mind before they know what really went down is that KOBE IS GUILTY and he's a rapist! But how are they sure? The same thing with Barry in my opinion. Was Barry merely offered steroids and refused to take them or did he do them? There are other ways to get muscle bound like Barry like actually working out and going on a strict diet. And sure he's got big muscles, but look how long he's stayed healthy for a player everyone thinks took drugs. A druggie would be in periods of slumps, but he's been consistent. Plus, don't you think Barry taking steroids would dissapoint his godfather Willie Mays, not to mention the spirit of his father? Barry is a very spirited individual and would never dedicate a homerun to his late father by blowing a kiss up to heaven if he was cheating with steroids. But you know... you never know until you know.

10. Custodianrules2

One more thing you can't use steroids to increase bat speed. Barry's always been great at swinging. And that's why Barry can read a pitch at the very last moment and then swing.

11. Rudeezy

Barry Bonds is a jerk to fans and media, he is a selfish player with a huge ego. Their is no question in my mind, and many others, that he was on steriods. It makes me sick when people compare him to Ruth. Not even close.

12. Custodianrules2

If Barry were an A you wouldn't complain [​IMG]

BTW I saw another A's game Rhodes actually isn't that bad of a reliever. Initially I thought he wasn't going to be good because I saw him on that one game where he was putting a lot of people on base. I forget who it was against.

13. Rudeezy

That was against the Mariners when he blew the save.

14. Custodianrules2

He was sweating against his former team I bet.

15. openglfx

Damn, Giants lost to the Doggers. Did anyone see Barry Bonds pull a 101 mph Eric Gagne fastball foul only to see the next 100 mph fastball smoked to dead center for a 2 run jack?

16. openglfx

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Barry Bonds is a jerk to fans and media, he is a selfish player with a huge ego. Their is no question in my mind, and many others, that he was on steriods. It makes me sick when people compare him to Ruth. Not even close.</div>
    How'd u know Ruth wasn't on steroids?

17. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">Damn, Giants lost to the Doggers. Did anyone see Barry Bonds pull a 101 mph Eric Gagne fastball foul only to see the next 100 mph fastball smoked to dead center for a 2 run jack?</div>

I didn't see the game but I could believe it.

18. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">How'd u know Ruth wasn't on steroids?</div>I don't even think they had steriods back than.

19. openglfx

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't even think they had steriods back than.</div>

Heh, who knows... maybe they did maybe they didn't, but I'm sure they have drugs at the time.

20. Custodianrules2

People are just jealous at Bond's success.