Batard and Wannstedt Sitting in a Tree

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by DolfanDale, Dec 24, 2003.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Dan Le Batard wrote a huge column yesterday defending Teflon Dave Wannstedt. It was the type of column that caused me to coin the phrase "Teflon Dave" in the first place. Then, the moron is shocked by all the negative email he received. The one I thought was the funniest is where a fan told him, "If you knew any less about football, you'd be Wannstedt!" This idiot is still defending Wannstedt. He's on us Dolfans because we keep calling the Dolphins mediocre and we haven't had a losing season in 15 years. Okay, our Dolphins are consistantly good, but I want them to be great. I thought the object in pro football was to win World Championships, not have a winning record every year. I would take some lower lows, if that meant winning a Super Bowl once in a while. Ask Dan Marino if he would have traded one of his winning season for a Super Bowl ring. Then the hypocrit has the nerve to bust on Mare for missing some field goals that "a high school kicker would make." Sure I'm concerned about Mare's slump, but how many high school kickers have to kick of the Marlin's infield? How much is Teflon Dave paying these columnists to keep supporting him like this? Wow!

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

It didn't take long for this relationship to sour. With Teflon Dave and Jason Taylor blaming the turmoil in Miami on the local media, Dan Le Betard fired a shot right back at them today. About time! Bartard's funniest line was,

"There are a lot of other places you can choose to make your millions. Don't work here if you don't want to be held to a higher standard. Go sign with the Cardinals."

Good googly moogly!