Be the GM for this Summer, draft your big board and beyond

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Idog1976, May 17, 2022.

1. Idog1976

Idog1976 Well-Known Member

I look to the stars.
    What's your personal Big Board for the Blazers (not for other teams, but who you would take in order including guys that will be gone). Feel free to go beyond what I do below, but I just went with a top 7 to be sure that one of those guys is still on the board when we get to our pick.

Follow-up question, what are your draft day trades and/or trades this Summer. Try and be realistic while maximizing value for the Blazers.

If you really want to go nuts what additional signings (again realistic and within Cap if you know that sorta thing) would you go for to round out the team?

My draft Big board top 7 for the Blazers goes like this. Mind you I am not saying these are the best players or the order the draft will actually go in, just the top 7 for me because that way we are guaranteed to get one of these guys (assuming we keep the pick).

#1 Jabari Smith Jr.
    #2 Paolo Banchero
    #3 Keegan Murray
    #4 Jalen Duren
    #5 Benedict Mathurin
    #6 Tari Eason
    #7 Jeremy Sochan

My fantasy scenario (H/T to Illmatic) is trading CHA our #7 for their #13 and #15. Trade the #15 to DET for Jerami Grant and draft Jalen Duren at #13. It's a pure fantasy he falls that far, but you know, not completely insane.

Then I would Sign & Trade Nurk to a team that needs a Center that has a good PF or SF that's good enough to justify bumping Grant to the PF. The best off-season targets are Ayton and Miles Bridges in terms of talent but I don't have a Ph.D. in "Maff" to figure out how that might work with the cap and what I'm proposing. If you could get Miles Bridges somehow (maybe Nurk plus Hart plus a pick in an S&T for Bridges and dump Bledsoe's salary somehow gets it done?)

Anyways, enough rambling, what does your Summer of Blazers Love look like?