Bears VS. Niners?

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by 4THNLONGFELLOW, Aug 12, 2006.

1. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

Any comments on the game last night from Bears fans? I think that we looked pretty shaky in our first start. Grossman looked just that, Gross man . He was overthrowing receivers or not even getting close to them. I would like to see what Greise could do against the starters next game before making judgement on the QB situation but Greise did look good in going 6 of 7, 134 yards and 2 TD's. No running to speak of. The WR's didn't have much of a chance until late and Davis looked sharp with 4 catches, 94 yards and a TD. I was also impressed with Hester returning the ball and think he could be dangerous for us there this season. He probably should have let some go into the endzone but choose to field them and came out on the plus side for us. We will have to see how this developes and hope that the next showing will be much improved and better. Defence was O.K. but did'nt look as dominant yet as last year. It was good to see Brown back and get a good hit already. Although it be only preseason I hope for a better outcome against the Chargers on Friday. As always Go BEARS.... :rock:

2. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I thought Grossman looked in mid-season form! LOL! He's no Sid Luckman.
    When was the last time the Bears made the playoffs two seasons in a row?

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I watch it on NFL Network. The 1st half.

Bears looked awful. Grossman was all over the place. The 49ers offense moved the ball well. It's only preseason but if your a Bear fan, Grossman has to concern you with the way he played. He looked like Kyle Orton.

4. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>I watch it on NFL Network. The 1st half.

Bears looked awful. Grossman was all over the place. The 49ers offense moved the ball well. It's only preseason but if your a Bear fan, Grossman has to concern you with the way he played. He looked like Kyle Orton.</div>
    Not only that ... Alex Smith and the high powered 49er offense went through the #1 Bear defense like a hot knife through butter! LMAO!

5. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

That game makes me all the more optimistic about week one lol! However my optimism could be shattered come tonight, Go Pack GO!

6. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>I watch it on NFL Network. The 1st half.

Bears looked awful. Grossman was all over the place. The 49ers offense moved the ball well. It's only preseason but if your a Bear fan, Grossman has to concern you with the way he played. He looked like Kyle Orton.</div>
    Not only that ... Alex Smith and the high powered 49er offense went through the #1 Bear defense like a hot knife through butter! LMAO!</div>
    Enjoy last place again this season. btw, if you really believe in lions join avatar bet. I dont think you will. I call you a coward and a fool.

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>That game makes me all the more optimistic about week one lol! However my optimism could be shattered come tonight, Go Pack GO!</div>
    Yeah something tells me GB won't look any better.

8. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

All I want to say is... FRANK GORE FOR STARTER IN SAN FRANCISCO!

9. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I know it's only week one of the pre-season, but Chicago and Green Bay looked pathitic. And Minnesota has some real problems losing their #1 WR and Greenway for the season.

All the stars are lining up for my LIONS! [​IMG]

10. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know it's only week one of the pre-season, but Chicago and Green Bay looked pathitic. And Minnesota has some real problems losing their #1 WR and Greenway for the season.

All the stars are lining up for my LIONS! [​IMG]</div>
    Join the avatar bet then?

11. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

Its only preseason and chicago looked crappy last preseason too.. and Our D didn't even shine till the season.. so to say the bears will be shit is a bad thought... Wait till we have our running backs there.. then we will be the bears we don't rely on the pass for a reason.. I think Grossman will settle down..if not Griese is a good fit..

12. Bears#1Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know it's only week one of the pre-season, but Chicago and Green Bay looked pathitic. And Minnesota has some real problems losing their #1 WR and Greenway for the season.

All the stars are lining up for my LIONS! [​IMG]</div>
    Join the avatar bet then?</div>
    Thats right zackman.. Put you avatar on the line.. if the lions are so great you have nothing to worry about.. I will even go farther with you.. if the lions win the division i will even change my signature aswell as my avatar.. i know BF1 will join in that 1

13. Bears#1Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I thought Grossman looked in mid-season form! LOL! He's no Sid Luckman.
    When was the last time the Bears made the playoffs two seasons in a row?</div>
    When was the last time the lions made the playoffs 1 time in a row??? what the barry sanders era???