Exclusive Been a while since I posted a thread plus its Dads Day!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Hoopguru, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

GS's trajectory is process is pretty average as compared to many teams. Obviously they took the right path.
    When Stef was a rook they won 26 games, two years later when Klay was a rook they won 23 games and then a year later after DG was a rook they jumped to 47. Then they started to add some season playoff vets and they won 51 Then 67. Yep they built through the draft but I contend the octane that really propelled them after the core was together was the addition of Bogut, Iggy, Barbosa and look and see how many others over the last 5 years.
    Our team has the same possibility if Nurk take an aggressive step and Collins steps up and surprises in his 2nd year. So if we can add a couple season playoff vets I contend we can make some noise.
    GS came out of nowhere and less than mediocre, and did so, thus lets see how the next two years play out, it took GS year 6 for SC, Year 4 for Klay, & year three for DG, before they got their jewelry.
    Rip City

HailBlazers, BBert, riverman and 2 others like this.
  2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Hear hear

3. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

Neil, is that you?? Steph Curry is the best shooter in NBA history, Klay Thompson is 6’7”...and both love to pass and play defense. Please stop with the comparison to Warriors, it’s like apple and oranges ... this team will never compete with 6’3” ISO ball CJ at SG... until Blazers finally realize this and trade CJ to build a more balanced team, they will not be able to move forward to build a contender... they won’t even be able to beat the Pelicans

jlprk likes this.
  4. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

5. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

if it takes trading CJ for a 3 so be it. But even you if you were in the Bay Area would have seven years ago you'd be calling to take injury probe C & what the hell were they doing drafting a pot head Klay.
    Nobody even after the core of SC,KT, & DG thought they would later develop into one of the best teams ever, even before KD.
    And don't tell me you one that team was destined for greatness before the addition of lee, Bout, Iggy, Barb, and others.
    Curry and Klay coming out had all sorts of questions and it wasn't wired as you come across, until later.
    Play the game don't sit there and bitch the whole time be a team player dude!
    I like a lot what you have to say but come be a bit more positive with the development of this team.
    And no I'm not Neil, Im just a reg guy thats loved & Played sports all my life.
    Take care man!

6. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Dame's shooting is getting better, and he has development left. Steph's defense is any better than Dame's, get real.

Hoopguru likes this.
  7. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    You can't coach height. McCollum will remain a bad-defense shrimp.

But coaching might help his awful offense. A new coach would prioritize thoughtful court vision over "Wow, he shoots without hesitation!" crap.

Gronk Brady likes this.