Before They Were Blazers Greg Oden

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by HailBlazers, Jul 8, 2011.

1. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

For those of you who have comcast, damn comcast. Just like PA, can't live with it, can't watch blazer games without it. Sucks I signed a contract this year and won't be able to watch anymore NBA, could have gone without the cable.

Watching that Ohio State team their defense is raw, Conley actually looks pretty big at half court pressuring the ball. It's nice when you have a massive, quick anchor that can fill up the entire inside of the arc. Not sure what point of this season this game took place, but that already had 148 blocks on the year.

2. Klinky

Klinky Seal Of Approval

Watching that would almost be like watching old video of a girl you had a major crush on & only now you know that she's saddled with 3 whiny kids, is overweight & will never be that hot ever again... *sorta*

Not that I don't think Greg has the willpower to come back, but it's just... The magic is gone... Tainted forever due to life taking it's toll...

3. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

lol... funny thing is he looks exactly the same as he did at 18

can't wait till 2012 our defense is going to be mean

4. Weav

Weav Blazer homer & proud 2 b!

A lot of people don't know that I was the first ma
    Wow, what a downer...I prefer to have hope that Greg will be as nasty as a pro as he was in HS and college

5. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    That Greg Oden was playing without fear or anxiety, wondering when his knees were going to give out on him again. Physically, he's going to be 100% when he comes back (although not in basketball shape). Mentally, it's going to take at least another year to recover; to stop thinking about his knees and just to play.

Stuff like this shouldn't happen to a guy as decent as GO.

6. Klinky

Klinky Seal Of Approval

I thought that 4 years & 3 major knee injuries ago.

I am rooting for Greg, but the chances he'll be the player we thought he'd be keep getting slimmer & slimmer. Plus we have to deal with Roy's knee issues too now. 2010-2011 was when we'd be a serious threat in the western conference, vying for a place for the title. If we had 100% Roy & 100% Oden, we would be there, heck we might even be hoisting that trophy instead of Dallas... That "I won the lotto" level of excitement over Greg died long long ago.

I haven't given up, but it's going to take a full, major injury free, season before I get that feeling back...