Belinelli traded

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by HiRez, Jul 29, 2009.

1. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Holy crap, I just heard Marco was traded to the Raptors for Devean George. WTF???

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Wojnorowski is the source: Link

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

WHAT THE FUCK???

4. Legacy

Legacy Beast

This is the worst trade ever unless George is a huge expiring contract. Why the fuck would we give up a young guard with potential for some shitty scrub?

5. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

George's contract is essentially the same as Marco's for this year, and it is expiring but not huge at $1.5M. But Marco has a team option for next year anyway so this is really baffling to me. Smells like Nelson. No idea what they are thinking with this one, I have to think at the least Marco would be a better throw-in to another trade than George would be, and he can play better too. Blah.

6. Legacy

Legacy Beast

We got raped.

7. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

I've always had a strong dislike for Devin George. I wouldn't trade Rob Kurz for him, let alone a valuable trade chip. Is Gary St. Jean in the building?

If this is true, then, well, I'm going to get emotional and say GS = dog sh!t

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Just seems like an unnecessary trade for you, from an outsider's perspective. George would have been sitting on the bench the entire season for us. He'll probably be doing the same thing for you. Bellinelli at least was young.

Any thoughts on Bellinelli? What can we Raptors fans expect? Is he salvageable?

9. Legacy

Legacy Beast

He can play the point, shoot, and his defense has improved from his rookie season to a respectable point. :sigh:

10. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Hes kind of a jack of all trades and yes, he can definitely play. Hes good. His defense was real solid last season, hes not a shutdown guy but hes above average on defense. Hes got really solid vision and passing for a SG, can play a little PG at times. Handle is solid for a SG but not great, he can get to the rim decently but his finishign isn't that good. Hes capable of hitting really tough fading, leaning, insane ass shots but often times he makes simple jumpshots harder than they should be because he likes to fade unecessarily. Pretty good shooter on the catch and shoot and off screens. Smart all around player.

This trade fucking sucks. I'm going to assume that its a salary dump and that George is non-guaranteed so we can cut his ass and I never have to see him in a W's uniform. I'm hoping we got something else back or else we just got robbed blind.

11. AlleyOop

Oh, hmmm... well, let me see... By sheer hard work, he turned himself into the team's best perimeter defender (this coming from Tim Roye, a GS analyst, and I fully agree). He's always been one of the most natural play-makers on the team. He can drive and dish and create for others. He is very good at moving without the ball and coming off screens (basically a classic Euro star). He can be the best shooter on the team at times, with deep, deep range and the ability to get his shot off at any time. He is also one of the team's most natural ball-handlers, and can play point when needed. He is a very smart player, and has been hindered by playing with some very selfish teammates over the last few years. If he goes to a team that focuses on team-play (Toronto seems like a good fit), then watch out, he could be the next Mickael Pietrus story.

This is a dream trade for Toronto, IMO.

12. Lost One

Lost One ...

[video=youtube;dd1Q2Mg9TPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd1Q2Mg9TPE[/video]

GUMP!!!!!!

:clap::rotfl::rotfl::clap::clap::party::gift:

13. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Apparently you guys were motivated by cash considerations:

14. AlleyOop

Yeah, just what the hell is going on here? I'm trying to talk myself into believing that there is another big trade in the works, and that the team involved wanted us to do this deal first and then ship George in the package. But then I'm thinking, just who the hell would want Devin George?

Who the hell would want Devin George? I wouldn't even pick him off the scrap pile for the vet. minimum. Why give one of our young and semi-valuable prospects for him?

Let me guess... Robert Rowell got drunk and got ahold of Larry Riley's cell phone and text-messaged Toronto and made the trade... He's probably going to give George an early 5-year extension on good faith, ala Jax...

15. Lost One

Lost One ...

+1

You got Gump :rotfl::rotfl::NOTMARIS::rofl::roflmao::roflmao::lol:

16. AlleyOop

This must be all Cohan, then, trying to maneuver some extra cash before he sells the team. That guy is the ultimate doosh.

17. Lost One

Lost One ...

18. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I was just about to say this. He is screwing us over while helping himself then he'll sell the team.

19. AlleyOop

Yeah, we got it the first time :twothumbs:

20. AlleyOop

I first I thought that he will be doing a lot of this all season:

[​IMG]

Then I thought, no, just like Crawford and Maggette got 40 minutes each, Nelson will probably bench Curry, Morrow and Randolph all year and give Jax, Maggette, Turiaf and George 40 mins each.

Nellie's starting 5:

Monta
    Jax
    Maggette
    George
    Biedrins