Bellator has booked Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie 3, Kimbo Slice vs. Dada 5000

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Nov 6, 2015.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

As with any Ken Shamrock fight announcement, take it with a grain of salt. Announced on Ken's site (kenshamrock.com) and at Bellator's event tonight.

Shamrock, 51, came out of unofficial retirement to face Kimbo Slice earlier this year. It was his first fight since 2010. He is 2-8 in the last decade and after the first of those two wins, over the late Ross Clifton, he was popped for steroids.

It's been even longer for Gracie. The 48-year old hasn't fought since 2007 when he won a decision over Kaz Sakuraba. Gracie also tested positive for steroids following the contest but the result of the bout was not overturned.

Not sure if Scott Coker is trying to create a master's division in Bellator but... honestly... I could be down with that. Gotta have the right guys in the right fights to make it work. This one seems fine to me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  2. speeds

Further details: the Texas AC has already accepted the terms of the fight which include the fact it will be open weight. Given that Gracie is a natural welterweight and Shamrock a (cough) light heavyweight there could be a big disparity on the night of the fight.

3. speeds

Dafir "Dada 5000" Harris will face Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson in a hair vs. hair match (hopefully) on the same card.

I know very little about Harris other than his backyard fights and the fact he is 38 and 2-0 in MMA.

4. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

5. clemdawg

clemdawg New Member

Are these guys still in that kind of shape? I remember watching them fight years ago. Grace impressed me.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

speeds likes this.
  6. speeds

Ken and Kimbo were in shape when they fought a few months ago. Not sure about Dada. Royce looked bad in 2007 so... yeah.