Ben Roethlisberger Motorcycle Accident (Merged)

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Jon_Vilma, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Roethlisberger undergoing surgery after motorcycle accident</span><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">June 12, 2006</span>PITTSBURGH (Ticker) - Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is undergoing surgery at Mercy Hospital after he was injured in a motorcycle accident on Monday.The extent of his injuries are unknown."Ben is in serious but stable condition and right now is in the operating room undergoing surgery for injuries he received in this accident," said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma at Mercy. "Before he went into the surgery, he was talking to me and was coherent. He knew where he was and what had happened."Roethlisberger was injured when his motorcycle crashed into a car at an intersection in downtown Pittsburgh. The accident occurred at the Second Avenue side of the 10th Street Bridge near the Armstrong Tunnel.An eyewitness told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Roethlisberger flew into the windshield of the car and hit the ground after his motorcycle crashed into the car. He was bleeding from a gash on his forehead before being taken to the hospital.Roethlisberger has been known to refuse to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle.According to the eyewitness account in the newspaper, Roethlisberger was headed outbound on Second Avenue and a car was coming inbound when it made a left turn toward the bridge in front of the motorcycle.At 23 years of age, Roethlisberger became the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl last February. He completed just 9-of-21 passes for 123 yards and was intercepted twice, but rushed for a touchdown in the Steelers' 21-10 win over Seattle in Super Bowl XL.The 11th overall pick in the 2004 draft, Roethlisberger owns a 27-4 record, including 5-1 in the playoffs, as a starter. He is the first quarterback in the modern era to start a conference championship game in each of his first two NFL seasons.</div>

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Already posted in the Steelers forum....

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

I have mixed feelings... he's a dumbass but I feel bad for him.

4. Jon_Vilma

Here is the windshield he crashed into:[​IMG]

5. Jon_Vilma

According to the Dan Patrick Show:<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">"Big Ben lost most of his teeth, and he injured ligiments in both knees."</span>

6. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

That's awful news, he's probably going to be out for the whole next season. He probably won't be as mobile when (if) he returns either, might have to turn into a pure pocket passer.

7. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

This is so sad because this kid just won the Super Bowl and he almost got killed today, i feel so bad for him.

8. Jon_Vilma

Per ESPNews Nurse says Ben's jaw is "in pieces"

9. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

So is the Steelers season..They better get Kerry Collins.

10. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

We have Batch who is better, and he won us some games last yearHearing rumors that we're gonna get that quarterback from the falcons

11. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Batch < Collinsbut Batch is pretty good... Steelers should win about 8 games.

12. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

13. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Ewww man that's insane

14. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

I've been watchnig the news for a long time and they just said he does have a broken jaw and he's missing "most" of his teeth and about some serious knee damage that isn't true. They're trying to find out but we don't know yet.

15. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

He's stupid to not wear a helmet. I got hit by a car while I was riding my bike last year. I'd have been killed if I wasn't wearing a helmet. I had a sprained left knee for 2 months, though. [​IMG]

16. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

17. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny White Guy @ Jun 12 2006, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jun 12 2006, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Per ESPNews Nurse says Ben's jaw is "in pieces"</div>that's disgusting...http://poetry.rotten.com/all-kings-horses/that is worse though ^^^ ben is lucky to be alive.</div>A picture of a motorcycle?<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Jun 12 2006, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I've been watchnig the news for a long time and they just said he does have a broken jaw and he's missing "most" of his teeth and about some serious knee damage that isn't true. They're trying to find out but we don't know yet.</div>Eh......huh??

18. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

I live in pittsburgh man, not everything they posted is true, he's still in surgery right now so we havent heard anything new

19. PITT23

PITT23 BBW Member

I've heard there was a hige pool of blood and the police didnt clean it up until after about 4 hours. He's dumb to not wear a helmet and the person in the car had Maine liscence plates so perhaps not a Steelers fan?I've heard both ways about the knee problem.Awww shit.

20. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jun 12 2006, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny White Guy @ Jun 12 2006, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jun 12 2006, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Per ESPNews Nurse says Ben's jaw is "in pieces"</div>that's disgusting...http://poetry.rotten.com/all-kings-horses/that is worse though ^^^ ben is lucky to be alive.</div>A picture of a motorcycle?</div>Click the numbers below