Best freshman RB in the nation as of now?

Discussion in 'College Football' started by JCB, Oct 15, 2008.

?

Who has been the most impressive freshman RB so far?

1. Jacquizz Rogers (Oregon State)

20.0%
  2. Jeff Demps (Florida)

40.0%
  3. Mark Ingram (Alabama)

40.0%
  4. Montel Harris (Boston College)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Victor Anderson (Louisville)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Darren Evans (Virginia Tech)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Who has been the best freshman running back in the country so far this season?

Jacquizz Rogers (Oregon State): 147 carries for 718 yards (4.9 avg) and 8 TD. Also has 151 yards receiving.

Jeff Demps (Florida): 23 carries for 307 yards (13.3 avg) and 4 TD. Has excelled the last two games with increased carries (232 yards on 17 touches with 3 TD's)

Mark Ingram (Alabama): 61 carries for 346 yards (5.7 avg) and 5 TD. Could argue Ingram has the most potential of those in the poll.

Montel Harris (Boston College): 43 carries for 313 yards (7.3 avg) and 3 TD.

Victor Anderson (Louisville, RS-frosh): 76 carries for 502 yards (6.6 avg) and 5 TD.

Darren Evans (Virginia Tech, RS-frosh): 98 carries for 415 yards (4.2 avg) and 8 TD.

Or is it someone else?

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

If UCLA's Coleman could get more carries, he probably would be in the same talk as some of these guys. He been splitting carries with Khalil Bell on that horrid UCLA offense but he's also only 17.

But I like that Demps kid at Florida, guy is a burner

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Not only is he a burner, but he's been effective running between the tackles as well. Scary.

4. La Bomba

La Bomba The Future

Demp's YPC avg is crazy, not to mention that the guy is fast like hell.

5. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

I have seen all these guys, and I would take Ingram.

He's splitting carries with Coffee and Upchurch, but if they could only play one of these guys I'm positive it would be Ingram. He finishes runs like nobody else.

Plus, one day his dad can get a second of happiness in jail when Boomer and TJ sing his name on SportsCenter.

6. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    I was debating between Quizz and Ingram. The difference in carries between the two makes is almost impossible to pick right now.

Ingram, as I stated in the first post, probably has the most potential of any of the backs mentioned. But it's tough to ignore a kid who is leading his conference in rushing as a true freshman. And I think his performance against USC will be etched into my brain for quite some time. Quizz gets my vote for now.

If Demps continues to get perform like he has his past two games with increased carries, he might get my vote come season's end. He just hasn't had the ball enough as of yet.

7. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

I cant belive im going to say this. No love for Mcguffie? Thats all Michigan fans talk about.