Best team in the NCAA

Discussion in 'College Football' started by Thoth, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

This issue was being discussed on ESPN Radio earlier today and thought I'd get the opinion of whay you guys think?

I feel the same about Ron Mexico, Jr as BF1 does. Regardless, VA Tech is perhaps the most consistent and technically sound in all phases of the game.

2. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

I don't think its any of those, I believe Notre Dame is the best all around team despite their loss to the Spartans. If USC beats the Irish I'll keep them at the top. VA tech and Vick haven't really played anybody extremely good to my knowledge, when they play another top 10 team and win gimme a call.

So for now I guess I'll go with Texas, just because Vince Young made a believer out of me with his performance against my Buckeyes [​IMG]

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Those who go against USC are either sick of them being at top like most are with Patriots or don't know college football. With all do respect to our psoters USC is the most explosive team and best built team in college football in along time. The closest thing we had to a college football team better than USC is 2001 or 02 Canes. Not sure what year but they were stacked and blew out Nebraska. USC has the best player in the country. Reggie Bush. The best QB whether you like him or not. Matt Leinart. There defense is considered there weak point yet they held Oregon and ASU to a total of 7 points combined in the second half. There be good for a while to with the recruits they've brought in. ND might have the best coach to beat USC but they don't have the players to do so. I love Texas. I want them to win the National Title. They won't though. USC will win the national title this season.

4. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

USC just has too many offensive weapons. They have two 1st round backs, and 1st overall pick QB, and some great recievers

5. Tyl3r

Tyl3r nfl-*****s member

USC is the best

6. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Wow I can't believe I just voted for USC!

7. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I would rather see VT win because they are a ACC team, but USC is a lot better

8. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

VA Tech plays for the full 48 unlike USC who coasts through the 1st half and then cranks it up.

Frank Beamer is aruably the best tactician in the college game. What? you thought I was going to say Dave Wannstedt???

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

If you combined VT defense and USC offense, that team couldnt be beat

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Whats wrong with the USC defense? Yes there offense is amazing but they held Oregon to what 13 points and ASU to 28 pts. Those are 2 very explosive offenses.

How can you make the argument that VT is better because they play the entire game. USC does play the entire game. Do they not? Despite the injuries to the defense they do what is needed. You can't take away what the Trojans did in the 2nd half. They set out and accomplished what was needed and that was getting the W. A 1 point or 40 point victory is all the same. Then if you want to get really in depth. Look @ the schedule. USC has beaten a Oregon team who is ranked. They've beaten a ASU team who was ranked and played to the last second with a very talented LSU team. VT has played what? Nobody ranked. An overhyped NC St. team and a GT team that has started to flop. Not to mention a second rate team in a second rate conference in West Virginia. Texas at least beat an Ohio State team who's ranked. I'll give them the nod before VT. Bottom line USC is the best team in college football and will not lose this season. VT is the only team that matches up good enough to give USC a game in my opinion. I'd like to see that matchup. Doubtful since it's unlikely Texas will lose with Ohio State behind them. Unless Texas Tech gets them.

11. Tyl3r

Tyl3r nfl-*****s member

I think USC is a offensive team because I never see them do anything good on defense

12. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

USC are the best. They are unstoppable on offense. Leinart is already a superstar and if he wins the Heisman he will be the best college footballer of all time!

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyl3r)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think USC is a offensive team because I never see them do anything good on defense</div>

Well der there an offensive team. Reggie Bush is banged up for the ND game though so it'll be intresting see how they use him. It's not said to be serious but none the less Bush has been fairly healthy for his college career.