Biedrins in the All-Star Game?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by KG5, Feb 13, 2009.

1. KG5

KG5 Rondo's #1 Fan

I heard at the start of the season that he had like a ton of consecutive double-doubles and seeing his stat line sometimes makes me wonder why he hasn't even been close to becoming an all-star??

How old is this guy? Does anyone else think he deserves to be an all-star or will be one in the near future?

2. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Biedrins will be an All-Star at some point in his career. The west is simply stacked with popular bigs, the Warriors aren't a winning team yet, and Beans has some work to do still. Every season he gets better though. If Biedrins can develop some sort of elbow jumper, then he'll be a lock. I would initially say that there's no way he'll ever be able to do that, but I wouldn't put it past him to achieve anything.

3. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

biedrins is awesome...definitely the warriors MVP so far this season, in my eyes.

i definitely think that (if he hasn't already) he will deserve to be in the all-star game at some point...then again, it's a popularity contest, and AB just isn't that flashy.

4. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

To me, he has played like an all-star. He has definitely been the team MVP, not one, not two, but the last three seasons. He was team MVP in 06-07 playoff year. The only Warrior to play all 82 games, usually guarding two big men when Jax was playing PF, and was 3rd in the NBA in FG% at .599%. He was the reason they went to POs, in my opinion. Then, last year, he does it all again, only this time he leads the entire league in FG% at .626%. This year, statistically, has been his best, at 13.0 points and 11.8 rebounds, and 4th in the league in FG% at .568%.

But there's just way to many star big men in the West for him to ever get in. I don't see it happening any time soon. For instance, next year, if Bynum and Beans have a shot, Bynum will get it because the Lakers are a winning team.

5. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Definite All-Star caliber player. He's humble, hard working, likable, and has great hair. One day he'll make it.

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

He'll make it one of these days for his efficient play and strong defense. He just needs to keep increasing his numbers and %'s. He's already a rising star in a league that lacks good big players that can control the glass, alter shots, and score inside. More fans are starting to recognize he's got some decent offensive moves and that he's one of the more athletic centers in the league in terms of quickness and balance.

Biedrins is also a good passer, which is the mark of most all-stars. Even if they don't average more 2 or 3 assist numbers per game, they help circulate the ball (examples: Tim Duncan up top or down low, Shaq on kick-outs, Elton Brand, Yao Ming, Carlos Boozer and so on).

Ball Hogs = Jermaine O'neil, Amare Stoudamire, Zach Randolph, Al Harrington, and other guys who don't recognize when to pass or when to shoot.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009