Big win

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Nov 23, 2019.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

If I didn’t see the Rangers come back from 4-0 down in Montreal and win 6-5 with my own eyes I would never have believed it. Another great game by lemieux.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Said at the time Lemieux was the type of player this team didn't have period. Nice to see Howden finally do something.

3. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That's the type of game where the comeback always would fall short. I thought so again at 5-3. Great to see a young team never give up.

4. kreidertime

Watching how hard Lemieux plays and is willing to take on everybody, it makes me start to dislike Kreider.

5. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    In fairness to kreider, he got screwed by the officals with nunerous penalities that put him in the doghouse

6. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Yeah a very inspiring win especially considering they did it without their 2nd best offensive player w/ Zib still out.

7. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Great win last night. There were a few questionable calls against the Rangers but the PK was strong even adding a shorthanded goal. The key is not to have a letdown next game and start stringing wins together.

8. mrmel29

Kreid's has been playing very well as the coach acknowledged after the game last night. He is taking the body, playing great in the defensive zone and is back to being the physical presence he was before AV and the refs tried to neuter him. Before he fought with lemieux the other night kreids hit wilson so hard he almost put him over the boards. His backhand pass thru his legs right on the bread mans tape for the tying goal was a thing of beauty. He's not scoring a lot of goals yet but they'll start coming as he's getting plenty of chances. He's still one of the best front of the net presences in hockey and you always see him talking to the younger players encouraging and congratulating them on their successes. You can see his teammates love him. And he still is there once the scrums start after plays like what happened yesterday after one of the montreal d-men started messing with I thought chytil and the nonsense stopped immediately as they didn't want any part of him. I know a lot of you think otherwise but I don't think Kreids is going anywhere.

9. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Kreider will absolutely be dealt before the trade DL. I don't even think it is a question. It is truly amazing to me that some would want to give this guy a 5 or 6 year deal worth more than 6 mill per. That is what it will take, and no shot should we (or will we) do that.

10. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

It's nice that he's doing some hitting but he's gotta starting getting to the net and scoring some goals. He's on pace for under 20 which is not going to help his next contract, nor is it helping the team enough. Hopefully if they're out of it in Feb they can at least get a late 1st for him.

11. kreidertime

Yeah, I think Kreider for the first time will be dealt at the deadline. I really thought they would resign Zucc. I think the same with Kreider but they have to buyout Staal and Smith or find a way to trade one or both.

12. mrmel29

I’ll say he needs to be signed by the trade deadline or rangers will trade him so hey don’t get nothing for him if he walks in free agency. Very interested to see how this plays out

13. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Another gutty win and good for HL getting past Cujo. The pp is a bit concerning with too much overpassing still. Has to be a top unit to help a team like this.

14. kreidertime

DeAngelo keeps raising his value which is great. We can use him with that pussy Kravtsov and get a big center in here. Zibanejad can't be trusted any longer.