Bill Simmons Proposes Celtics / Bulls Trade in Latest Podcast

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, May 19, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

2. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do it either.

To be honest, I think trading Jimmy has to include a draft pick that lets you get an Anthony Davis/John Wall level prospect. There might not be any in this draft, and certainly none at #3 and beyond.

Jimmy is the best 2-way player at his position, has 4 years left on his contract, and will get paid the same as your typical 4th/5th starter after this offseason. He has the best non-rookie contract outside of Steph.

He might be more hollywood than he needs to be, but the path to contendership looks much better adding someone to Jimmy instead of finding a way to replace him.

3. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Agree.

You need to build around something and building around Butler, an established star, is the best alternative the Bulls have. The Hollywood thing doesn't bother me a whit. I think his problems were a) he talked about becoming a leader, which is dumb on its face and b) there are players on this team to whom Butler will always be the snot-nosed little brother (Noah comes to mind).

The Bulls need a defensive big who is athletic enough to play the game in the way it's evolving...a rim defender who can also effectively defend smaller players on the floor. A prime Noah is the prototype. Gibson can do a fair imitation.

As I see it, the keys for the Bulls going forward are Mirotic and McDermott. If they aren't significantly more effective than they were this past season, the Bulls are kinda screwed and deserve to be.

4. truebluefan

Pretty much. A defensive big is a big priority this summer.

5. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Can lose with him or without him.

Bradley is no slouch.

Can lose with or without him, too.

6. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

Not a knock your socks off trade by any stretch.

The Bulls are not a "win now" team, that's for sure.

If the goal is to win a title (probably isn't) then we're talking "win later."

Given you need 2-3 star level players to contend and the Bulls don't make trades and can't sign top free agents, how do the Bulls get those 2-3 star level players without having numerous high draft picks?

Trading Butler will likely send the Bulls deep into the lottery, even with unbridled Hoiball and Dougie McBuckets getting all the PT he can handle. Bulls could have the #3 in this draft and a top pick in the next two most likely. Not a great draft this year though supposedly.

7. truebluefan

Smallish PG. We get exposed in the playoffs with amallish pg's. He is a shoot first guard. 45% not too bad.

For arguement sake, let's say we do it.

I would draft Hield at #3. And believe it or not. I am intrigued with Zhou Qi. I would take him at #23. #48 Chris Levert