OT Black Employee Sues Boeing After Finding a Noose, Urine on His Desk

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Chris Craig, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...-company-finding-noose-desk/story?id=63713972

An employee has filed suit against Boeing after continued harrassment and discrimination. He claims he has suffered at the hands of fellow empmoyees who have done demeaning things to him including urinating on his chair and desk and hanging a noose above his desk, as well as writing the N word on signs near his desk.

He says he complained and the company not only didn't listen, but retaliated and punished him, by moving him to an unairconditioned building.

Boeing says he never filed a complaint and is lying.

2. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

3. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Not reading that but probably the guy who said it was dumb to let one bad sensor crash an airplane.

4. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I worked at Boeing for nearly six years and the only incident of racial discrimination was a false one filed by a malcontent against me. I've had numerous eye surgeries and don't see too well. I used to have to go to the printers frequently to retrieve printouts. On the way, I had to pass by his desk right as the route took me around a corner. I would bump him quite by accident. Then, he said "Don't do that again." I didn't even know what he was talking about. The next time I brushed him he said "One more time and see what happens." I took that as a physical threat and went to my lead who reported it to my boss. They guy had several complaints prior to mine. I think he had a chip on his shoulder from perhaps others mistreating him. I don't know. I only know that he was super touchy.
    Other than that, I never saw anything of the sort.
    As for air conditioning, for a while I was working on some hefty estimates, I'm talking multi Billions of dollars. On project came in at $50 Billion. I was in and out of quite a few Boeing buildings and never saw one that lacked air conditioning. Perhaps the lone exception was the largest building in the world up in Everett where they assembled the jumbo jets. I had to run around the building in and out of lots of airplanes, up and down some very very long stairs all the while dressed in slacks, dress shoes and a sport coat. God, that place got really hot but they cooled the roof with water and had cold water drinking stations everywhere. Probably more people worked in that building than any other at Boeing and we all suffered.
    I had been working on nuclear missiles, cruise missiles and the V22 Osprey and hated getting transferred to jumbo jets. As you get better and better at your new job you like it more and more. Pretty soon I welcomed the hefty work load 'cause time went by rapidly.

Boeing had an entire department set aside for handling discrimination incidents. They didn't put up with that when I was there throughout most of the 80s. I was a union rep. (SPEEA) for two years and never had a single incident of a racial discrimination other than that fruit loop I told you about.

By the way, I never heard what happened to that guy. I would not have wanted him fired unless he wouldn't quit threatening people.

5. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Worked with Boeing on a few projects, worked with their engineers, some in So-Cal, but most up in Washington (Kent for the most part), never really heard or seen any thing like this.

I am not at all saying it didnt or couldnt happen, if he can prove it did then the people responsible for it, deserve to be punished for it.

Lanny likes this.
  6. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Hope this results in all kinds of terminations and lawsuits.

7. Lanny

Who could argue with that?

8. Lanny

Not likely.
    They once found two managers who had a fist fight over which one owned a computer that was being moved. They fired both and deleted their pension eligibility. SPEEA, The Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace which is only supposed to represent engineers and technicians, was forced by state law to represent the two fired managers. The managers got their jobs back and their pensions restored. Did they shake hands? Not likely.
    The Black guy that I had trouble with never got fired. But I got transferred to a better job along with the rest of my group but not him. I did not want him fired but I didn't want him threatening me again.

9. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Well it may not amount to much, it sounds like bullshit, but I am sure we will hear. I see @Lanny can vouch for Boeing but I can not. I worked with Boeing several times but it was either as them as my client or in a joint operation. So no insight what so every on their race relations policies. Same with IBM, what the hell! I can't vouch for them, but they did seem to try. I can only give my personal experiences not that means a dam thing about policies. I do know from personal experience, being fair or even helping black people advance in our society, as seen in any give company is a damn hard thing to do. I could relate some failures and even fewer successes, but over all, the deck is stacked. But for the few success the involvements with me in the picture, culminated with successes like I have in discussions with @dviss1. I often sensed that success was not the goal, where failure was used to justify the current status. Where current means the past 60 years.

10. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I stayed out of this thread for a reason. Please don't tag me.