Blazer fans, would you accept this trade?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by j0se, Jun 18, 2005.

1. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

Blazers trade NVE, Telfair, Patterson
    Knicks trade Marbury, #8, Rose

Blazers
    MarburyDerek Anderson
    Wright(#8)/Miles
    Marvin Williams(#3)/Viktor Khryapa/Outlaw
    Zach Randolph/Rose
    Joel Przybilla/Ratcliff/Ha

Knicks
    Telfair/NVE
    Houston/Crawford
    Tim Thomas/Ariza/Patterson
    Sweetney/Williams/Taylor
    Kurt Thomas/Butler

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">Blazers trade NVE, Telfair, Patterson
    Knicks trade Marbury, #8, Rose

Blazers
    MarburyDerek Anderson
    Wright(#8)/Miles
    Marvin Williams(#3)/Viktor Khryapa/Outlaw
    Zach Randolph/Rose
    Joel Przybilla/Ratcliff/Ha

Knicks
    Telfair/NVE
    Houston/Crawford
    Tim Thomas/Ariza/Patterson
    Sweetney/Williams/Taylor
    Kurt Thomas/Butler</div>

Blazer fans will definitely accept the trade, but why would we ever offer it?

3. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MrJ:</div><div class="quote_post">Blazer fans will definitely accept the trade, but why would we ever offer it?</div>

Some cam relief, NVE has an expiring contract, Patterson contract is 2 years shorter than Taylor, and can provide perimeter defense and I love Telfair, I see him a top 5 PG in a couple of years for now

You're probably wondering why I added the 8th pick. Well I thought some Blazer fans would be satified, but I thought, they weren't players I was confident about @ 8 (Green, Tiago Splitter)

4. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

I dont see NY ever pulling off that trade, but if I was Portland I'd accept that trade...

5. MaxBallin

MaxBallin JBB JustBBall Member

Desperation for cap relief doesn't impair sense of judgment to that extent.

6. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

Portland does this without the 8th then?

7. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

If I were Portland I'd say no. You would give up Telfair, who will be better than Marbury down the road. Marbury is on the downside of his career. Then they pick Gerald Green who can become better than anyone involved in this trade. You would be gettin Malik Rose's huge contract, and by the 8th pick, Green and Granger are gone so it makes no sense for Portland.

8. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I wouldn't pull the trigger for this trade if I was the Knicks GM or Blazers GM.

From the Blazers GM perspective, I've just selected my PG of the future last year, and have gotten my staff to spend a lot of time working with him to make him the best PG he can be. He's 8 years younger than Marbury and his best years are ahead of him. The Blazers also need the cap relief as well, because they can't afford to add on to their team salary. The 8th pick would be nice, but it isn't realistic. Plus, they already have the 3rd pick, and too many young players + Marbury, just doesn't equal a good scenerio.

If I'm a Knick, I would love the cap relief by letting go Rose and Marbury, but the 8th pick too valuable to their francise right now. Plus, you can get more for Marbury.

9. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Well its basicly Blazers trade Telfair and Patterson's Contract for someone who is almost as effective as Patterson,and they get an All-star guy who you can trust to help lead a team...Talfair is nice and all but the Blazers don't have any cap room anyway so they mind as well just get what Talfair will be in 2 years.
    That 8th Pick is Also great cuz we can pick someone who will be better then Talfair in 2 years and no one here can prove otherwise.

10. playmaker15

Yea but the Blazers are rebuilding and Telfair is the center piece of the rebuilding stage. Telfair will be better than Marbury so why just settle for Stephon

11. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea but the Blazers are rebuilding and Telfair is the center piece of the rebuilding stage. Telfair will be better than Marbury so why just settle for Stephon</div>

heh,the Blazers are "rebuilding" for 2 years now - but this is not really a rebuilding phase,John Nash don't have any idea what he is doing and Talfair was just left to get minutes after Nash failed this season too, Talfair got minutes and the starting role in order to say that this season "is dedicated to the young players".
    According to now Marbury is better then Talfair and i want the Blazers to be good NOW!,the "rebuilding" is over! i don't have another 2 years to wait until Talfair will get better - especially if i can get someone like Rashed Mccants in that draft anyway.
    There are enough teams in the league thats waiting for theyre young players to become "stars", The Blazers are even more pathetic because theyre also starting to give out too much money for old players who don't contribute much and get too much money - because the old guys are untradeble we dont need to be another team like that with Miles,Talfair,Khyrapa,Monya,Baker,Outlaw and Ha-saung yin - the team needs to have more established players.
    always remmember that this is the NBA, "potentials" will come and go in large amounts but the oppiste of "players with potential" which is players who are using their potential and proving themself are harder to find.

But thats a stupid trade idea anyway cuz I.Thomas was brought in order to get the knicks better immediatly,it doesnt make any sence that he'll trade Marbury and an 8th pick for "future star".

12. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

I don't want to start a debate, but Marbury is accually at his prime, he's playing more matured than ever, becoming extremeyl unselfish having the 2nd best shot selection than any PG in this league (behind Steve Nash), only thing Marbury lacks is defense and sometimes he just doesnt trust his teammates which leads to a 33 - 49 record with the 8th over all lottery pick...

13. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

hey wait a minute what am i saying?
    i want To draft Chris Paul and bring Paul Pierce.

i would go for a SAR,Talfair and Rafliff for Pierce and Blount trade.

Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! Pierce! [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. playmaker15

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">According to now Marbury is better then Talfair and i want the Blazers to be good NOW!,the "rebuilding" is over! i don't have another 2 years to wait until Talfair will get better - especially if i can get someone like Rashed Mccants in that draft anyway.</div>

They won't be much better with this trade. Marbury isn't going to make the difference. They said he would be the difference in Phoenix but he wasn't he didn't get them anywhere.

15. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">They won't be much better with this trade. Marbury isn't going to make the difference. They said he would be the difference in Phoenix but he wasn't he didn't get them anywhere.</div>

Oh Brother...don't tell that you think that the Suns had a horrible season 1 year ago just because of Stephan...

-Marbury is one of the leaders in the league in assists for sevral years now.
    -The SUNS didnt have Q a year ago.
    The Suns played in a diffrent method a year ago on both sides and with diffrent lineup style and subbing patterns.
    -Amare and Joe worked hard last summer and improved their game big time.
    -His team could have won the SPURS 2 years ago with a great leadership from him.
    -If the Suns werent so good with Marbury this season then it must mean that they are lazy players and that Marbury is not the first to blame.

16. playmaker15

All I'm saying is that Marbury isn't worth all of the potential we have on this team. The guy(s) we want to draft will be gone by 8. You must have been used to winning when we had Rasheed and Damon in his prime, but that's over we're a young team who is stockin up 4 the future with players like Randolph, Joel, Telfair, and the 3rd pick.

17. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Can the 8th pick be traded? Didn't NY not have a draft pick last year? Don't you have to have one ever 2 years?

18. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">All I'm saying is that Marbury isn't worth all of the potential we have on this team.</div>

defenition:
    "Players with Potential" - means they are'nt using it.

thats all im going to say...

19. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ed!:</div><div class="quote_post">Can the 8th pick be traded? Didn't NY not have a draft pick last year? Don't you have to have one ever 2 years?</div>

I'm just curious if do trade it, we would still have the 30th, wouldnt that qualify?