Blazer Report Card

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trail_Blazer76, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    The midterm grades are in for the Trail Blazers, and unfortunately for them, the report card didn't get lost amid a Bonzi Wells "blackout" or get stranded at Dale Davis' snowbound home. The first half hasn't been pretty, and neither are the grades:

Damon Stoudamire: C-plus. It is a slightly above-average season for him, with averages of 12.5 points and 5.5 assists. He's shooting 40.7 percent from the field, including 33.7 from three-point range. He has been brilliant at times, but he also has disappeared, and hasn't materialized as the playmaking point guard he promised he would be at season's start. Stoudamire envisioned averaging 12 assists entering the season, but he has recorded as many as 10 assists twice.

Derek Anderson: D. It has been a disappointing first half for Anderson, who missed 31 games with a herniated disc in his lower back, forcing the Blazers to play Jeff McInnis out of position at shooting guard. Although his toughness has been questioned, Anderson's talent has not, and the ability to light up the scoreboard and get to the free throw line has won games at Chicago and Sacramento and nearly pulled out a win in Los Angeles against the Clippers </div>http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonia...21941165270.xml

You can see the rest of the players' grades in the link.

2. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Ouch, nobody receiving an A. And Randolph with a B-? His defense must be horrid.

3. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

Ouch, sounds like my economics professor last quarter.....well, looks like the Blazers are finally lottery bound...

4. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I would've given Randolph higher....he's a hard worker and a good player at that. It seems somewhat fair and accurate but rather harsh and somewhat wrong in the sense that some are too low. A great lottery pick would be great for the Blazers, it could be just the thing they need, a player with a great mix of defense and offense would be best. A big man at that, unless he's like Artest, whom anyone would want. I'd give the Blazers at least a B overall.

5. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree Magic. They seem to define a 'C' as average play. They gave Mouse a C+ because they feel that he is playing slightly better than he has in past seasons. If that is the case then why is Z-Bo getting a B-??!!

He has played MUCH better this year than in the past. Granted he has gotten more playing time, but should that really matter. Jason Quick is one of those Blazer "fans" who writes articles that portray the general vibe of the Blazers. He never has anything positive to see and these "grades" show it.

6. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

yea, I think they were hard on Z-Randolph, but everyone else's grade seemed on par in my opinion...

7. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">I'd give the Blazers at least a B overall.</div>

I disagree. A B-team should at least make the middle-tier of the playoffs, and right now their record can barely contend for a spot in the East.