Blazers' Aldridge, No. 2 pick in draft, to have surgery

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by pjcolpitts?, Aug 22, 2006.

1. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

Re: Blazers' Aldridge, No. 2 pick in draft, to have surgery

Blazers' Aldridge, No. 2 pick in draft, to have surgeryPORTLAND, Ore. -- Forward LaMarcus Aldridge, the second overall pick in the NBA draft, will undergo surgery to repair a small ligament tear in his right shoulder, the Portland Trail Blazers said Tuesday. The surgery will be performed Wednesday by Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles, the team said. Aldridge is not expected to have full range of motion in the joint by the start of training camp in October and his recovery time will be determined following the surgery. Aldridge, 21, averaged nearly 12 points and seven rebounds for the Trail Blazers' team in the Las Vegas Summer League in July but complained of shoulder pain upon resuming workouts in Dallas afterward. On draft night, the Trail Blazers acquired Aldridge, who played at the University of Texas, and a future second-round draft pick from the Chicago Bulls for forward Viktor Khryapa and the draft rights to Tyrus Thomas, who was fourth overall.Copyright 2006 by The Associated PressLinkEDIT: Oops, i accedently didnt copy the whole article. there is though now.

2. Fabolous

Fabolous BBW Elite Member

How long will he be out then?

3. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

That's what I thinkin Fab, I don't think he will be out too long, it says it's a small ligament tear, it doesn't sound like a major surgery.