Blazers/Bucks Trade rumor?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by milwaukeebucks#1, Aug 28, 2004.

1. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

gmanspack showed me this and i hope to hell that it doesnt happen....

http://www.oregonlive.com/weblogs/blazersblog/
    Friday, August 27, 2004

Trade brewing?
    Jason Fleming of Hoopsworld.com sent me a heads-up to this forum post over at his site:
    "This is trade rumor from Sports Radio 950 in Philadelphia. The Bucks would send Michael Redd, Desmond Mason, & Marcus Haislip to Portland in exchange for Zach Randolph, Derek Anderson, and Portland's 2005 1st rounder. The host said that discussions had been going on for a couple weeks, and that Portland was very hesitant when it came to dealing Randolph, but after Randolphs recent incident...."
    I've seen fans speculating about a Z-Bo-for-Redd trade, and this might be more fan talk...or it could be legit. Either way, you have to think after his recent incident it's with a lot less trepidation that Nash and Co. put Z-Bo on the market...at least to gauge his value.

And after watching the 'Dream Team' get clobbered in international play by better "teams", I wonder how much better a "team" the Blazers would be with SAR at the '4' instead of Zach. Especially if moving Zach can fetch a shooter like Redd and a defensive-minded, character guy like Mason.

Then again, I still get rubbed raw when I see Jermaine O'Neal posting huge stats and talking like the leader he's matured into. I'd hate to see Zach go elsewhere and get his act together for another team.

2. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

3. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

well thanks alot for the link though i dont know how credible that source is.

4. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    The Bucks would win big if this deal goes through. Don't get me wrong, losing Mason and Redd will hurt, but Randolph is a very good big man who could become the starting power forward in the All Star Game for the East. Sure, Redd and Mason are also young and full of potential, but whenever you get big for small, the theory in this league of today tells you that it is a good deal. With Anderson, the Bucks get a proven guard, who albeit overpaid, can put points on the board in a hurry, and will make up for Redd's production. This trade is a must-do for the Bucks.

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap.php#1093972021

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Portland Trail Blazers are very unhappy with Zach Randolph. He was set to be cornerstone of a new era of Blazer basketball, where the only news he would make would be on the court play, not in the court the play. The recent develops stemming from a shooting involving his brother at a nightclub and Randolph's subsequent allegeded obstruction of justice have made the Blazers reconsider their plans.

The Oregonian is reporting that a trade is being negotiated where the Blazers would send Randolph, Derek Anderson and a 2005 draft pick to Milwaukee for Michael Redd, Desmond Mason and Marcus Haislip. </div>

6. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Ah, i'm not loving this for the Blazers. You absolutely need a big on your team to win in the West. Randolph is a premier PF in this league, and letting him go along with a bad contract for Redd and Mason wouldn't improve the team. They're already well packed at the SF and SG, but obvioulsy Redd and Mason will get some PT, cutting in on the improving Miles, defensive man Ruben, and two young kids in Outlaw and Woods. Redd will do this team well, but that will leave them with a whole at PF. Abdur-Rahim clearly won't be back after this season, and he's not a winner. He couldn't win in ATL with Terry, Robinson and Ratliff..and on top of that it was on the East. If he couldn't win that team some games in ATL with those players, he can't in the tough West. Redd can only do so much, he'll get his 20 a game in Portland if hes there, but nobody is there to bang with the bigs, and attack and wear them down inside. Teams with a big man and bonified players like the Clips who had Brand, Q and C-Magg's, didn't get them anywhere. This would put the Blazers at Clipper level, and the Clippers aren't that good. I'm not liking this.

7. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Good trade for Portland, they have Reef who is a decent PF that can step in, that would be a pretty nice lineup for Portland, Stoudemire/Telfair, Redd, Dez, Reef, and Theo...As for the Bucks, decent trade for them all tho they got rid of one of the league's best shooters, and an above average SF...Sure Randoph can score in the east, and Derek Anderson isn't bad...The deciding factor will be the little fillers and picks that they throw in...

8. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

i think for this deal to make any sense they would have to send Darius Miles also,but these rumors are supposedly falso so that wont happen.

This would be a great trade for the Blazer tough,even tough they trade 20 and 10 guy they have Reef waiting to get his and start so he could just fill in for Randolph.

There line up would be something like this if this trade were to happen:
    C-Theo Ratliff
    PF-Shareef Abdur Raheem
    SF-Desmond Mason/Patterson
    SG-Michael Redd/Darius Miles
    PG-Damon Stoudemire/NVE

That line up would be pretty solid,that team could deffiantly go places IMO,but I hear the rumors are falso so the trade will not likely happen,but you never know.

Also another factor in this trade would be Zack Randolphs legal situation,I think it was gun charges but I am not sure,this would likely hold this trade back if it was being discussed.