Blazers Draft Pick Choices, Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Amare320, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

1. Portland Trail Blazers/Greg Oden/Center/Ohio State 24. Phoenix Suns (from Cleveland)/Rudy Fernandez/Guard/Spain (to Portland) 30. Philadelphia 76ers (from Dallas)/Petteri Koponen/Guard/Finland (to Portland)37. Portland Trail Blazers/Josh McRoberts/Forward/Duke52. Portland Trail Blazers (from Toronto)/Taurean Green/Guard/Florida 53. Portland Trail Blazers (from Chicago)/Demetris Nichols/Forward/SyracuseOne Word, WOW.I hope you guys are happy with this years draft, what are your general thoughts on it and the players you have drafted.

2. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

I think it's safe to say the Blazers did alright for themselves this year. Someone in Portland knows what they're doing.

3. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

This was easily the best draft any team has had in a long time, and when you add that to last years draft of Roy and Aldridge, you realise that this team has the best stockpile of young talent in the NBA. Rudy Fernandez considered by alot to be one of the best shooting guard in this draft, was a great grab from the Suns. Mcroberts provides another big man that, if gets on the team, will provide a solid spark. He will be all energy and hustle, with good IQ and passing for his size. Nichols is a solid shooter, and could be a diamond in the rough for this draft. Then my personal favorite player from the draft, Taureen Green can set up an offense and run it. He has a solid outside shot, plays decent defense, not great but not terrible like I have read. He isn't the best of playmakers, but he can run an offense, and could be good if he makes the team. Then of course there is the couldn't miss, Greg Oden who will anchor the defense as well as anyone else in the league can, be a rebounding monster and with his size and movement down low will produce on offense pretty well. This draft was amazing for the Blazers.

4. jhowardfan

jhowardfan BBW Elite Member

Wow.... I mean, the Blazers are actually smarter than I thought..lolBut yeah, these last two drafts have been excellent for this team, they have completely turned the franchise over and gotten some real good young talents to help this team grow. As Roy, Aldridge, and Oden mature and grow, this should be one of the teams to look out for in the West.

5. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I believe Demetris Nichols is headed to New York in that trade.

6. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

weve got a lot of players now. really good job tho. Mcroberts, green, oden.... amazing.

7. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Jun 29 2007, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I believe Demetris Nichols is headed to New York in that trade.</div>That is correct. I think Portland could have been a nice situation for him. A decent 3 point shooting 3 is always nice.

8. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>That is correct. I think Portland could have been a nice situation for him. A decent 3 point shooting 3 is always nice.</div>I think it would have been a bad situation for him. They just got James Jones fron Phoenix, Pritchard said they plan to resign Travis Outlaw. And also, could make a deal for another SF. Also, they have Martell Webster. He would have been 3rd/4th on the depth chart. Not a good situation.

9. DRob-50-Forever

I hadn't heard of them getting Jones?

10. blackngold15

blackngold15 BBW Member

I LOVE KEVIN PRITCHARD!!!!! :worthy:

11. DRob-50-Forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Jun 29 2007, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I believe Demetris Nichols is headed to New York in that trade.</div>Actually it was a seperate deal for a future 2nd in 08'.

12. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

Mike Tirico talked about how the Blazers have done a complete 360 at the draft. I wouldn't even call it that, I'd call it a 720. I am so pumped to watch this team next year, they have so many nice pieces and now potentially one of the greatest big men we've seen in our life time. They've got rid of Zach Randolph, which only benefits the young guys, and they get Channing Frye in return....that was such a good move for them. And as much as Steve Francis has declined, he is certainly not a bad guy to have backing up Jarrett Jack or starting some games. All you have to do now Prtichard is ax Darius Miles and you will have a legitimate contending team in a few years. Congrats Blazers fan, you must be pumped.