Blazers gonna be a top 5 team next year

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by DMiles4MVP, May 4, 2004.

1. DMiles4MVP

DMiles4MVP JBB JustBBall Member

yes, Top 5 team in the West next year, Laker are done after this year so we're gonna take that spot.

D-Miles gonna have a breakout year and with Zach moving up the ladder of the best PF's in the league, who knows how good the team will be if they can get a star 2 guard in the offseason, or at least an upgrade over Derek Anderson(plays no defense and is way too inconsistent shooting, shot 37 this year? ouch)

2. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DMiles4MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">yes, Top 5 team in the West next year, Laker are done after this year so we're gonna take that spot.

D-Miles gonna have a breakout year and with Zach moving up the ladder of the best PF's in the league, who knows how good the team will be if they can get a star 2 guard in the offseason, or at least an upgrade over Derek Anderson(plays no defense and is way too inconsistent shooting, shot 37 this year? ouch)</div>

I'd love for the Blazers to become top 5, but it just doesn't seem possible. I think DMiles has reached near the peak of what he's capable of. I think he can go just a bit further and become second to Randolph. Your team is too damn young, you need experience, leadership, as much as I like Randolph, you need maturity. You seem to only pretty much have that in mouse.

You need to rid yourself of SAR, he's a great player but because of Randolph you make absolutely no sue of him. Because of his value, you could trade for "experienced" or better yet, great players, particularly sparkplugs. You need energy off the bench, your team is becoming too much of a too much potential, too many starters team. Simply get another established one from a trade or say in the draft seeing as you did not make the playoffs, chances are that you'll get a good one.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Your name says it all. Dmiles4MVP

10 Canidates more qualified:
    KG/Duncan/Shaq/Kobe/JO/Peja/Kidd/Brand/Iverson/Bron

The Blazers will not be better than the: Wolves, Spurs, Rockets, Dallas, and Memphis. Dmiles is so inconsistent, Randolph is good...he isnt great yet. We all know they have legal troubles every year, can they fix that? THey will be good, but not top 5.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

every year is supposed to be DMile's "breakout year"....hasn't happened yet and i don't think it ever will

5. DMiles4MVP

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting _EcLiPsE_:</div><div class="quote_post">every year is supposed to be DMile's "breakout year"....hasn't happened yet and i don't think it ever will</div>

ummm did you not see him play with the Blazers last year? his #'s were very solid for the minutes he was gettin, and he ended up being the most consistent Blazer besides ZR, so...... yeah that was a dumb comment, this guy has TONS of potential and he started knockin down the open jumper last year. if he can improve on his jumper he will be unguardable, because his ability to get to the basket is great already, and trust me he will bang it on you if you try to get in the way :P

6. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

Every year gone by was supposed to be his break out year exceptions to his rookie season, but he has played 4 season 2 did not count as possible break out year's because one was his rookie season and the other he played injured. His third year he was still nursing that injury but he should've been better and this year he improved a lot and i have faith in Darius Miles he will rise up to his potential or atleast be known for something other than being a dunker.

7. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

Yea the blazers should be top five next year, they just need to upgrade their guards from trading SAR and drafing good PGs, also i think DA plays great defense, he stays in passing line, i remember couple of the late game situation, DA stolen the oppent ball and dunks it. If his back recovers, he will be much better. They need to trade away Ruben too. He looks like a criminal to me.

8. DMiles4MVP

i cant agree with gettin rid of Ruben, he gives the Blazers a ton of energy off the bench.

9. westsidecronicl

westsidecronicl JBB JustBBall Member

I think the Blazers will number 6. Zach Randolph will have an excellent year and become one of the dominating big men of the year. D-Miles will have a good year, but not a miraculous one. But Derek Anderson will become a top player and help the Blazers out a lot.

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Unless the Blazers make a trade for a top shooting guard then they won't even make the playoffs again. The level of play is so high in the west I fail to see how they are better than any of the teams that made the playoffs this year. Teams like Denver will have 22 million worth in cap space to being in players, Houston will have another year for Yao Ming to get under his belt. Memphis will be coming off a great 50 win season, expect them to trade for a star to put them over the top and challenge for a top 5 seed.Utah Jazzz will also have plenty of cap space to play well, they will have a heathly Matt Harpring back which will improve their offense and another year under his belt for AK47.

Zach Randolph is a double double force but he is alot like Elton Brand, puts up great stats but he isn't a guy who can make a difference for you. And unlike Elton he is not a factor on the defensive end nor is he a guy you can rely on to win games for you. He still can't pass the ball out well enough from the double team. Derek Anderson jump shot has completely disspeared, the shooting guard spot is their biggest weakness and thats where they lose games. You can't have your starting two man shooting 35% most nights.

So again unless Portland get a top shooting guard like Ray Allen they won't make the palyoffs next year, other teams are improving and gaining talent. Right now Portland just don't have what it takes to make the post season every year anymore.

11. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

If they're going to keep their present lineup, then there's no way that they'll be a top 5 team.

12. DMiles4MVP

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting InNETSweTrust:</div><div class="quote_post">If they're going to keep their present lineup, then there's no way that they'll be a top 5 team.</div>

this comin from a Nets fan? there present lineup will destroy your squad, so whats ur point man? lol [​IMG]

13. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DMiles4MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">this comin from a Nets fan? there present lineup will destroy your squad, so whats ur point man? lol [​IMG]</div>

Again you are talking complete nonsense, NJ have plenty more options than Portland and have the best point guard in the world today, Jefferson a very good up and coming player and Kenyon Martin one of the best big man in the eastern conference.

14. DMiles4MVP

Nets cant beat the Blazers though, who gave the Blazers there 1st road win of the season? yeahhhhh hahaha, Nets cant hang with any West teams

15. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Again you keep harping on regular season basketball, teams don't go all out early in the season they certainly don't play like teams do in the post season. A few match-ups in the regular season doesn't decide who has the better talent and team. I'm sure If Nets faced Portland in a best of 7 series I know who my money would be on.

16. DMiles4MVP

Blazers in 6, if they faced the Nets in a 7 game series.

17. Streetball2k5

Streetball2k5 JBB JustBBall Member

Im sorry to say this man but you are blinded by the love for your team. There is no way in hell they will be a top 5 team. And New Jersey would annihilate Portland, Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson... Dynamic Trio.

18. DMiles4MVP

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Streetball2k3:</div><div class="quote_post">Im sorry to say this man but you are blinded by the love for your team. There is no way in hell they will be a top 5 team. And New Jersey would annihilate Portland, Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson... Dynamic Trio.</div>

i like K-Mart, hes a hell of a player. Jefferson is good sometimes but that trio isnt all that great. Theo makes up for so many Blazer defensive mistakes its crazy, and as long as Theo is healthy the Blazers will continue to beat the Nets.

19. dachen33

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Again you keep harping on regular season basketball, teams don't go all out early in the season they certainly don't play like teams do in the post season. A few match-ups in the regular season doesn't decide who has the better talent and team. I'm sure If Nets faced Portland in a best of 7 series I know who my money would be on.</div>
    Blazers in 5 over the nets. Nets cant shot, they have no shotters, at least the blazers have Damon and Derek, plus the blazers have a Much better bench, when K-Mart is in foul trouble who is backing him up Rody Rogers? no he is not good enough for Shareef and Zach. I like the nets but they have Zero chances against the west teams, they need to trade for GREAT shotters and learn some half court offense. Nets have fast break points but how much do they really average? not enough to score 100 points.

20. dachen33

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DMiles4MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">i like K-Mart, hes a hell of a player. Jefferson is good sometimes but that trio isnt all that great. Theo makes up for so many Blazer defensive mistakes its crazy, and as long as Theo is healthy the Blazers will continue to beat the Nets.</div>
    yea when the nets play the blazers, one of the top ten will be Jeferson tries dunk but Theo reject him lol.