Blazers Paving Road To Oden

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">General manager John Nash, sleeves rolled up, television cameras trained on him, said he was disappointed, and that they were oh-so-close to a blockbuster deal. But in the end, Nash asked you to believe the upshot of trading Ruben Patterson, Charles Smith and Sergei Monia was that they'd just cleared more salary-cap room. Except, this wasn't what the day, or the deal, was about at all. Rather, Thursday was about the public unveiling of Operation Greg Oden, the Blazers' latest master plan. ... Oden will play one season of college basketball at Ohio State, then he'll be eligible for the 2007 NBA draft, where he'll be the No. 1 selection. Which is why the Blazers, who have foolishly adopted and abandoned three or four other master plans in the last 36 months, have officially begun angling for Oden.</div>

Source

I feel bad for Blazer fans, sounds like this team will be tanking for the next two seasons.

2. bravest

bravest BBW Member

Ew.

Horrible news for Blazers fans, but hey, look on the bright side: they'll have Greg Oden on their team in two years!

3. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

Blazers are gonna be too good next year to get the number one pick. We'll be hinting at playoffs.

4. Chuck

Chuck JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hapnnsas:</div><div class="quote_post">Blazers are gonna be too good next year to get the number one pick. We'll be hinting at playoffs.</div>
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

No

5. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

It doesn't make sense to just tank two whole seasons. In fact, why the hell don't they just tank three seasons and get OJ Mayo as well?

6. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Man, Portland is a MESS...that team is at least 3-4 years away from even sniffing the playoffs...

7. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

I'm sure you guys don't even follow the Trail Blazers to realize the strides they have taken. Back in late December to early to mid January they were running with the best of em. This team is building chemistry and all the young guns are improving to solid players. We all saw what Martell could do two nights ago. ZBo has always had good post offense, he just needs to work on some harder defense. Outlaw is gonna be killin' em next year. Darius is getting healthy and getting back into his 18 points per to start the year. Sebastian should be starting next year giving us a faster game.

There has been potential for years and we have seen flashes of it this season. Times have been rough these past few years, but were heading in a positive direction with Nate and the young guns. We WILL have too good a record for the number 1 pick next year. Quote me on this, you are all laughing now but it's the truth.

8. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

It would be funny if they do get the worst record in that season and have the most chance of landing oden, but lottery prevents them from getting him because they end up getting a 2-5 pick. I would laugh.

9. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Oden would be a great player, but I dont think Darius Miles and Z-Bo will be that bad of a team to get them the 1st overall pick in two years, I think they should start trying now rather than tanking it, and what happens, happens.

10. Benvedis

Benvedis JBB JustBBall Member

We*ll get better before we get worse. Oden is a beast and would be a huge pick up. Id like to get Mike Conley as well if Telfair doesnt become what hes supposed to. My main concern is locking up Morrison this draft and in turn locking up our 2, 3 and, 4 positions for years to come. If we get Oden and (cross your fingers [​IMG]) Mike Conley, our starting line up would be:

PG=Mike Conley
    SG=Martell Webster
    SF=Adam Morrison
    PF=Zach Randolph
    C=Greg Oden

Id say we could contend for the championship with a team like that.