Blazers Should Package Pick

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You know what I mean ? losing games intentionally so your team can get a better spot in the upcoming draft. Teams have been accused of it for many years ?so much so that the NBA came up with a draft lottery rather than just handing the top pick to the team with the worst record.

A lot of times, even when it looks like a team is tanking, it probably isn?t. A very famous coach, one who has won an NBA title and several hundred games in the league, told me he didn?t think he could get his players to tank games even if management wanted him to do it.

?There?s really no incentive for the players,? this coach said. ?A good many of them don?t want the No. 1 pick on their team, anyway. I know that sounds crazy, but players know a top pick will eventually take a bigger share of the salary cap and more media attention away from them. And very often, that top pick will take an established player?s job. So they don?t want him as often as you might think.?</div>

Source: Portland Tribune

2. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Would be a really smart move if Portland pulled it off.

3. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

I wouldn't be opposed to trading the pick with Randolph and/or Miles. I would like to see Portland make some kind of run at Gerald Wallace, he could be the SF that could propell this team to the next level.

Either way with or without using the draft pick the Blazers have a very bright future with Alderidge, Jack, Sergio, Outlaw (to an extent), and of course who else but Brandon Roy.

4. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

How about packaging the pick and someone to the sixers for Andre Miller?

5. djdiggydiggy

djdiggydiggy JBB JustBBall Member

I just wonder how much value Miles would have. I believe packaging him along with the pick brings the value of the pick itself down, considering the salary implications.

6. ilive4ball

ilive4ball JBB JustBBall Member

Package Zbo and the pick for a sign and trade for Rashard Lewis