Blazers Summer League Roster

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by The_Future, Jun 30, 2007.

1. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

This isn't too important, but I thought I would post it out there for others to see what Portland's roster looks like going into the Summer league.

#0 Taurean Green
    #2 Josh McRoberts
    #6 Stefano Mancinelli
    #8 Martell Webster
    #11 Sergio Rodriguez
    #12 LaMarcus Aldridge
    #18 Rick Apodaca
    #31 Zendon Hamilton
    #41 Joel Freeland
    #42 Mo Charlo
    #52 Greg Oden

Their is also info on some of the players that are unknown (at least to me) such as Stefano Mancinelli. I personally can't wait to see the development for some of the players especially the development of Oden, Aldridge, Sergio, and Webster. It also looks like Joel Freeland will finally come from over seas and play in the Summer League.

Anyway nothing earth shattering or anything like that, but cool to see the lineup (at least for me being a Portland fan) and whatnot.

Link: http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/

2. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

What players on there are PG's? I know Sergio Rodriguez and Taureen is, any of the others PG's? I'm just hoping that Taureen at least gets a chance in the summer league, but with all the PG's that the Blazers have on their regular roster I'm questioning that he does get a chance.

btw, this team should absolutely dominate the summer league.

3. The_Future

Taurean Green will get his shot most likely as backup to Sergio because no one else at least that I know is a PG. Their are the players I have no clue about like Mo Charlo or Rick Apodaca so I don't know if they play the point or not, however, if they do I expect Green to still be the backup reguardless.

Green may be able to get some playing time for us when the actual season starts, however, it sounds as if we may not be buying out Steve Francise so I don't know. Things all depend on whether we trade Jack or not, we buy out Francise or not, and if we sign Blake or not, it might be tough for him to get a spot.

4. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

wheres rudy F.???

5. The_Future

<div class="quote_poster">Gee_Dupe11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">wheres rudy F.???</div>

He's staying over Europe for another year or at least that is what I have been hearing. I also have been hearing rumors that he is part of this rather complicated trade (at least to me it is) in where we get James Jones which KP had indicated yesterday that we were going after an SF. Anyway I expect him to stay on the Blazers, but to stay over in Europe for another year.

6. Gee_Dupe11

with the SF situation. we should try and get garald wallace even thought IMO we need a great shooting SF

7. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

I miss Zendon Hamilton.

He played great for Philly getting boards and savy defense.

8. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

YES, Joel Freeland I hope he has had a good year I can't wait to see how he fairs in the NBA and Summer Leagues ENGLAND BLAP

9. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

Petteri Koponen is gonna play in the summer league too. Just thought I'd add that as he wasn't on the original roster posted on OregonLive.

10. The_Future

<div class="quote_poster">hapnnsas Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Petteri Koponen is gonna play in the summer league too. Just thought I'd add that as he wasn't on the original roster posted on OregonLive.</div>

Yeah I read that and I also have been hearing that he has been pretty impressive thus far in the practices that the team has done. It sounds like Jarret Jack is very expandable with Sergio, Koponen, and Green, however, I still want Jack to be here and be the starter because he has the experience and is still the best shooter right now IMO at the PG position. I wouldn't mind seeing Sergio be the starte at all though if Jack is to be traded.

11. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Portland Tribune Racebook odds are just in, and the Trail Blazers have been established as a 1-to-2 favorite to win the Las Vegas Summer League championship.

“That’s not the championship we have in mind,” General Manager Kevin Pritchard says with a laugh.

But with veterans LaMarcus Aldridge, Sergio Rodriguez and Martell Webster and No. 1 draft pick Greg Oden leading the way, it’s hard to believe any of the other 21 teams – 20 representing NBA clubs, plus the Chinese national team – will be better-equipped with players than Portland’s entry.

“The amount of talent we’ll have on our summer league team is unbelievable,” says Blazer owner Paul Allen, who will have all the action streamed to him via the Internet while he enjoys his European vacation.

Assistant coach Monty Williams, who will run the summer-league team, says Aldridge, Rodriguez, Webster and Oden are all ticketed for 35 minutes “for at least the first three” of the five Blazer games in Vegas.

Portland faces Boston on Friday, Dallas on Sunday, the Lakers on July 11, Phoenix on July 14 and – ta dah! – Kevin Durant and the Seattle SuperSonics on July 15.

NBA TV will broadcast the Boston and Seattle games. For the first time in the franchise’s 38-year history, all the summer-league games will be carried live on KXL 750 AM, with Brian Wheeler and Antonio Harvey calling the action.

Williams says the Blazers also will arrange at least two or three additional scrimmages during the 10-day stay in Vegas, in order to get game action for some of the team’s secondary players.</div>

Source: Portland Tribune

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Assistant coach Monty Williams, who will run the summer-league team, says Aldridge, Rodriguez, Webster and Oden are all ticketed for 35 minutes "for at least the first three" of the five Blazer games in Vegas.</div>

Should be an exciting first three games for Blazer fans to watch this much of Oden playing in the summer league. There's no fouling out in the games, so the 35 minutes won't be cut short due to foul trouble.

12. The_Future

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Source: Portland Tribune

Should be an exciting first three games for Blazer fans to watch this much of Oden playing in the summer league. There's no fouling out in the games, so the 35 minutes won't be cut short due to foul trouble.</div>

Yeah, it will be great, but I was really hoping to see him play against Durant and Seattle, but according to Oregonlive, he has been allowed to attend the ESPY's so he will miss that game. Oh well still will be awesome to see how he does.

13. Gee_Dupe11

Durant has to go to the ESPY's too right

14. jbbhoops4life

jbbhoops4life JBB future coach

<div class="quote_poster">Gee_Dupe11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Durant has to go to the ESPY's too right</div>

maybe he wont go? idk though.

i just hope mcroberts gets more of a chance to prove himself today and that oden steps up.

15. The_Future

<div class="quote_poster">hoops4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">maybe he wont go? idk though.

i just hope mcroberts gets more of a chance to prove himself today and that oden steps up.</div>

Oden at least to me stepped up big time. 13 points and I keep hearing he got 5 blocks over the 4 blocks that the stat box has posted up (they always mess up the stats anyway) so I thought he did awesome myself. Some things he really needs to improve on are his offensive skills, his foul shots (it is weird how he isn't doing to well at the foul line), rebounding, and better condition. He is really sick though and is having a very tough time breathing out of his nose, which means he is breathing out of his mouth, but since he has tonsilitis (sp?) that makes it tough for him. Right now he is in bad shape, but in time he will be feeling better and in better condition IMO.