Blazers Trying to Bring Monya Aboard

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Blazers hope to have SG Sergei Monia on the roster next season but will have to negotiate a buyout of his contract with CSKA Moscow. Monia is only 22 and has a reputation as a tough defender and good shooter, but he plays limited minutes for CSKA and averaged just 5.5 points in Euroleague play. . . . </div>

Source

The Blazers need a shooting guard, and Monya would give them depth at the position. They are also high on Gerald Green, but if they can bring Monya over, they might go a different direction on draft day.

2. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

the only reason we didnt sign him in the draft was because his conctract was a bigger one to buy out than Victor Kryappa's. at least thats my understanding. but it was a goal to sign him on the blazers since the draft.

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

4. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting D-Miles:</div><div class="quote_post">the only reason we didnt sign him in the draft was because his conctract was a bigger one to buy out than Victor Kryappa's. at least thats my understanding. but it was a goal to sign him on the blazers since the draft.</div>

I can assure you that if CSKA will get an offer from the Blazers of 2 million$ for Monya - then Monya will be on the first plane to the U.S,they can buy a "superstar" in Europe for that money instead of Monya who is warmin their bench.