Blazers vs Hornets Pregame Discussion

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Nate Dogg, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg Active Member

Private Security
    Knowing the last time we played the Hornets Jannero Pargo tore us up in this game http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280123003 but now hes gone. I am thinking that Peja Stojakovic is still a threat if he is healthy and has no problem scoring. So lets hope he puts up the same numbers as he did against the lakers (10/12); 32 min 3-13 FG, 2-8 3pt, 1 turnover, 2 def rebounds, 1 assist and 10 points. When Peja's threes are on fire he always seems to get us good. I have a feeling Nate's plan is to contain Chris Paul so he doesn't get the chance to drive the lane or feed it to someone in the post to finish us off. Who will step up this time?

2. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

david west

3. alex42083

alex42083 Thanks Brandon

Writing about sports
    Paul and West will get theirs much like Dwight/Wade feasted on us, but if Peja/Mo-Pete/Posey/Butler start raining 3s, we might as well rest up the guys and get the W in Minnesota tomorrow.

4. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

The thing is, you can't compare Pejas performance against LA. LA's defense is solid, the Blazers are going to have somebody who just does not leave Peja alone. If you can get him off to a bad start, he usually has a bad game all the way through.

If there is one thing I look at with New Orleans that has changed from last year to this year is the bench strength. Mike James is not producing. James Posey is a defensive upgrade, but he doesn't scare anybody offensivly.

I think you have to go into this game with the mindset of Chris Paul will get his points, and stop his supporting cast.

Attack New Orleans with your strengths (size on the inside), and get to the line, a lot.

5. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

I have a feeling Ike and Bayless will be getting some burn in the 4th quarter of this game (and not in a good way).

6. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

Yea, it all depends on how New Orleans goes into this game mentally. I think they will be pissed they played so bad in the first half against LA and lost that game, which they came close to winning. But then again, there could be a hangover, or maybe, N.O. is just having a hard time getting off to good starts. I have read that in the few games they have lost this year, Chris Paul really hasn't been taking many shots in the first half.

7. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

If the Blazers can some how win this game, I think the next 4 are pretty winnable. @ Phoenix will be a tough one. The Hornets are going to be pretty pissed after getting beat by the Lakers. Also this is the Blazer's first back-to-back game (road games at that). I am a little concerned about Aldridge in this game. West and Chandler are both a little tough to handle, not to mention how are we going to stop Paul's penetration? Still I picked the Blazers to win, just cause I want them to : )

8. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

no they had the home game against spurs then @ suns earlier this year.

i think it'll be a good game but we'll lose it at the end

i hope oden is quicker if he is ever in the game, at the same time as tyson chandler and chris paul. that pick and roll alley oop will kill oden if he is slow

9. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

No one likes a know-it-all :grin: I am just gonna sit back and enjoy the game. I will be stoked if they can win -- way better than my expectations at the start of this season with a pretty tough schedule.

10. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

At the same time it is the only thing Tyson Chandler can do offensivly, so you can just sag off of him and play him close to the hoop. It's not like you even have to guard him at the free throw line. Just keep yourself between him and the hoop, and your good.