Forum Game Blazers: Who Am I?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

For the who am I game, you will be given four clues to guess who each Blazers player is. No looking up/researching answers. Go by your knowledge only. Make sure to read the clues very carefully. Some may be more difficult than others. I tried to make it challenging. The person with the most right guesses wins. The answer key will be post in a few days. Also if you can put your answers inside a spoiler tag so no one else sees them before they guess, that would be great!

1.) I went to Kentucky State. I was a fan favorite. I hold the franchise record for ppg in the playoffs with 28.3 points. My playoff scoring averaged stands as the highest in NBA history by a non- starter. Who am I?

2.) I was selected with the 25th pick in the 2nd round of the draft. I wore jersey #30. Since retiring from the NBA I have been in the construction business. I went to colleges in Washington and California. Who am I?

3.) I was a high school star and scored 46 points in a game in my senior year. I came one assist away from a quadruple double. I led the league in steals on season. I had to leave the NBA after hurting my foot. Who I am I?

4.) I played the most minutes of any player in my third season. I attended a basketball camp hosted by a future blazers coach. A learning disability made college difficult for me. Kobe Bryant called me the hardest player to guard in the west. Who am I?

5.) I went to Oregon State where I was nicknamed the Orange Express. I was an All star. I led the NBA in personal fouls for two different seasons and disqualifications for three different seasons. I am into boats now. Who am I?

6.) I was known for my rebounding. I was a big deal off the bench. I have a lot of kids. I had a career high 34 points to go with 17 rebounds as a Blazer. Who am I?

7.) I set records for points, steals, rebounds, and blocked shots in college. Though I didn't actually graduate from college
    (the same one I played at) until after my NBA career. I went up against the best in the slam dunk contest. I won a championship, but not with Portland....I actually had to beat them on the way to winning it. Who am I?

8.) I made the NBA All-Rookie second team. I have only played for one other team in the NBA besides the Blazers. I won a championship overseas before joining the NBA. I was considered one of Europe's best. Who am I?

9.) I was the all time leading scorer in my college's history. I am one of three players in NBA history to make seven three pointers in a quarter. I represented the USA in the olympics. I coach...my sons in soccer. Who am I?

10.) I made the NBA All-Defensive second team twice. The Blazers made the playoffs every year I was on the team. I still own the record for most consecutive games played in Blazers franchise history. I am third in tallest players to make over 1,000 three pointers. Who am I?

11.) I am one of 2 players to be a 5 time All star as a Blazer. I was an All star in 6th, 7th, and 8th seasons. I had a career high 16 assists against the Kings. I was one of two Blazer's rookies to finish with at least 1,500 points and 500 assists. Who am I?

12. The Blazes traded for me for veteran leadership and to help try and win a championship. The Blazers got to the Western Conference finals my first year in Portland. I was a two time NBA All Defensive 2nd team. I never got the Blazers to the promise land. Who am I?

13.) I won a gold medal in the Olympics. I was known for my versatility and my tenacity. I earned a Bachelors degree in Education during my rookie season. I now work with my son. Who am I?

14.) I refused to play for the team that drafted me. I averaged 20 points a game for seven consecutive season. I was a star level player until I hurt my back. I have held almost every job there is to hold in the NBA. Who am I?

HolyBackboard, STOMP, TBpup and 6 others like this.
  2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

GREAT IDEA!!!!!

Chris Craig likes this.
  3. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    1.) I went to Kentucky State. I was a fan favorite. I hold the franchise record for ppg in the playoffs with 28.3 points. My playoff scoring averaged stands as the highest in NBA history by a non- starter. Who am I?

Billy Ray Bates

Bobby Gross

Larry Steele

B Roy

Steve Johnson

Lloyd Neal?

Jerome Kersey

Rudy?

Steve Smith?

Wesley Matthews
    Damian.
    Buck Williams
    Dischinger.
    Kiki

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2020
  4. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Billy Ray Bates

2.) I was selected with the 25th pick in the 2nd round of the draft. I wore jersey #30. Since retiring from the NBA I have been in the construction business. I went to colleges in Washington and California. Who am I?
    Bobby Gross

3.) I was a high school star and scored 46 points in a game in my senior year. I came one assist away from a quadruple double. I led the league in steals on season. I had to leave the NBA after hurting my foot. Who I am I?
    Every Blazer Center.

4.) I played the most minutes of any player in my third season. I attended a basketball camp hosted by a future blazers coach. A learning disability made college difficult for me. Kobe Bryant called me the hardest player to guard in the west. Who am I?
    Brandon Roy

5.) I went to Oregon State where I was nicknamed the Orange Express. I was an All star. I led the NBA in personal fouls for two different seasons and disqualifications for three different seasons. I am into boats now. Who am I?
    Steve Johnson

6.) I was known for my rebounding. I was a big deal off the bench. I have a lot of kids. I had a career high 34 points to go with 17 rebounds as a Blazer. Who am I?
    Shawn Kemp

7.) I set records for points, steals, rebounds, and blocked shots in college. Though I didn't actually graduate from college
    (the same one I played at) until after my NBA career. I went up against the best in the slam dunk contest. I won a championship, but not with Portland....I actually had to beat them on the way to winning it. Who am I?

8.) I made the NBA All-Rookie second team. I have only played for one other team in the NBA besides the Blazers. I won a championship overseas before joining the NBA. I was considered one of Europe's best. Who am I?
    Arvydas Sabonis

9.) I was the all time leading scorer in my college's history. I am one of three players in NBA history to make seven three pointers in a quarter. I represented the USA in the olympics. I coach...my sons in soccer. Who am I?

10.) I made the NBA All-Defensive second team twice. The Blazers made the playoffs every year I was on the team. I still own the record for most consecutive games played in Blazers franchise history. I am third in tallest players to make over 1,000 three pointers. Who am I?
    Rasheed Wallace

11.) I am one of 2 players to be a 5 time All star as a Blazer. I was an All star in 6th, 7th, and 8th seasons. I had a career high 16 assists against the Kings. I was one of two Blazer's rookies to finish with at least 1,500 points and 500 assists. Who am I?
    Dame?

12. The Blazes traded for me for veteran leadership and to help try and win a championship. The Blazers got to the Western Conference finals my first year in Portland. I was a two time NBA All Defensive 2nd team. I never got the Blazers to the promise land. Who am I?
    Briant Grant

13.) I won a gold medal in the Olympics. I was known for my versatility and my tenacity. I earned a Bachelors degree in Education during my rookie season. I now work with my son. Who am I?
    no idea.

5. julius

singer songwriter
    I didn't even think of #6. But he wasn't really known for rebounding though...but the kids thing? Should've been a giveaway.

Btw your #12 can't be correct, they didn't trade for him. Nor did they got the WCF's his first year in Portland.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  6. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    If you're talking to me. Yeah, in regards to Q#12 I couldn't remember (how they attained him) and I was definitely just throwing a name out there that was a Blazer player at some point heh.

julius likes this.
  7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Or maybe your guesses aren't correct

#6 was known for rebounding

#12 was traded for and the Blazers did make the WCFs his first season in Portland.

I have made sure to carefully research these questions.

In fact there is a secret regarding #12 and one other question that I will reveal when I post the answers.

8. Chris Craig

No sharing answers (regardless of correct or incorrectness)

9. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    That's why I changed it to Q#12 so I wasn't sharing anything.

10. julius

singer songwriter
    I did that for a few of them.

11. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    They were tough. Or it's just been too long since Blazer basketball...

Chris Craig likes this.
  12. julius

singer songwriter
    Well, they didn't trade for his # 12, they signed him as a free agent. My #12 was traded for, but had 4x all defense (3 with Portland). And the other one I thought of was a 9 or 10 time defensive team member.

13. Chris Craig

Remember in the rules when I said to read the clues carefully?

14. julius

singer songwriter
    Ha, so I was correct then about that one. Stinkin trick questions!

I know who #10 is now, but I wonder how many of the players who aren't "taller" than he is, are actually not taller.

15. Chris Craig

Suffice to say I knew number twelve would be subject to inquiry. In fact, I wrote it that way. The same with another..more to come!

#10 may bite me. I believe my clues still stand though. I vetted these questions carefully. I checked, double checked, and triple checked answers. Hopefully, I am right. Don't want another steph curry incident.

16. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    These were my dad's guesses
    Billy Ray Bates

Bobby Gross

Larry Steele

Brandon Roy

Steve Johnson

Dale Scheluteur(spelling?)

Clyde

Rudy Fernandez

wes Matthews

Rasheed Wallace

Dame

Buck Williams

Rick Adelman

14.) I refused to play for the team that drafted me. I averaged 20 points a game for seven consecutive season. I was a star level player until I hurt my back. I have held almost every job there is to hold in the NBA. Who am I?
    Kiki

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  17. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

Really great idea and I appreciate the effort you put into it all! I’m having a tough time with most of these and look forward to seeing the correct answers.

18. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

What sheed said...
    Nice work.....

19. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    1 - Billy Ray Bates
    4 is Roy
    6 - Shawn Kemp?
    7 is Kersey
    8 is Arvydas.
    10 - Uncle Cliffy?
    11 - DAME!
    14 is Ainge

20. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Shrug

Well it's not Sheed or TP so the only other 30 I can think of is Bob Gross

From going to his basketball camp I know Larry Steele led the league in steals one year so that will be my guess.

B-Roy maybe? I can't think of another player that would've given Kobe trouble.

I'm embarrassed that I went to OSU and am blanking on this one.

Rueben Patterson, lol, no idea.

Jerome Kersey is my guess.

Rudy Fernandez maybe?

This seems like it would be an easy one but I have no idea. I'm going to say Melo even though he wasn't around long enough to be Syracuse's all-time leading scorer, fuck.

Unlce Cliffy

Dame Time

I can't think of a single player that was traded for and that Portland would've made the WCF in their first year and that made an All-Defensive team except Scottie Pippen who had multiple 1st team All-Defense so that will have to be my answer knowing I'm wrong.

No clue

Kiki Vandeweghe is the only name I can think of here