Blazers will not discipline Randolph

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigMo763, Jun 11, 2006.

1. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Portland Trail Blazers will not discipline forward Zach Randolph for his involvement in a recent early morning traffic stop, the team announced Sunday.Randolph was a passenger in a car that was stopped June 8 in Portland, Ore., for speed racing, careless driving, failure to obey a traffic signal and no front license plate -- all traffic violations."During the past few years we have tried to hold our players to a higher standard of accountability and behavior," team president Steve Patterson said in a statement. "Even though Zach did not break any laws, his involvement in this matter showed poor judgment and he fully understands that he needs to take more responsibility for his actions."Source: ESPN</div>Wow, that is ridiculous. The Blazers franchise continues to be adamant in saying they are committed to exterminating the "JailBlazers" image that hovers over that franchise like a dark cloud, but they are not going to discipline Randolph in any manner? What a joke...I can only see two possible reasons for this:1. Zach Randolph's immature and reprehensible behavior has gotten to the point where the franchise has given up trying to discipline him and teach him a lesson.2. They have decided to go ahead and trade him this offseason, or atleast try to trade him.

2. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

They probably figure he'll be gone anyway. The only problem is who the hell wants this guy? They might have to use the amnesty on Randolph, this guy is just negativity to its purest form. Him and Miles are just a recipe for disaster. Miles has to be one of the biggest busts in the past 20 years. This guy was touted to be the next big thing, coming out of high school, he's just been a big disappointment everywhere he's gone. Randolph just tossed his career down the drain with the past year, gaining weight in the off-season, getting in trouble over the course of this season, and now this in the off-season, What a dumbass

3. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I'm guessing that they are just going to try to move him, because otherwise not taking any sort of disciplinary action against him is completely ridiculous.By the way, they can't use the amnesty clause on him. The clause was only a one-time deal, and was only available for teams to use last offseason. They don't get another one... whether they used it last offseason or not.

4. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Yeah, the only reason Randolph isn't being disciplined is because he is getting traded. Both Randolph and Miles already came out in an interview and said they wanted out.

5. vcfan15

vcfan15 BBW Member

^Thats because blazers want them to leave... even though i still dont want to give up Randolph lol.. DMiles can leave but hes not really a hot thing now

6. Road Blocker

Road Blocker One and Done

He didn't do much, he wasn't driving the car. For them, it made it less of a news story here in Portland because the organization didn't care. Zach is going through a strange situation, he doesn't have any help. He's a player who can't be a forced first option, like a Kobe, but there are very few players who can. He will thrive on a good/decent team like he did in '03/04 when he wasn't double or triple teamed every possesion. As soon as he gets legit help, I expect Zach to return to his 20/10 days. I also expect Zach to be on the Blazers roster this year, but hopefully not Darius.

7. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

I figure that under new GM Patterson(my last name [​IMG]), they'll try and say "forget the past, Zach, join us and be a part of Portland basketball." This wave off means that they've decided to keep him, and are letting him off the hook so he'll perhaps warm up to them and change his ways after he decides he likes this team.

8. Road Blocker

Road Blocker One and Done

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Aug 1 2006, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I figure that under new GM Patterson(my last name [​IMG]), they'll try and say "forget the past, Zach, join us and be a part of Portland basketball." This wave off means that they've decided to keep him, and are letting him off the hook so he'll perhaps warm up to them and change his ways after he decides he likes this team.</div>Right, and Zach has been saying all the right things this summer, especially to the local media. He talks about how tired he is of losing, but instead of wanting to be traded, he wants to work harder and fix turns things around. He has been praising the young talent, and thinks that if everything goes right, could be in playoff contention.I don't agree with him on the payoffs, I think they'll be one of the worst teams again. However, I do think they have a much better chance with a healthy, in shape Zach and the newly acquired stable of centers.

9. Sham

Sham BBW Member

The way this guy contributes, and the numbers he has as a PF, I don't think his attitude is a problem, as long as he plays well. He is worth trading, but I dunno who the Blazers can get for him.