Blazers Will Sign Sergio Rodriguez

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by bbwSwish, Jul 5, 2006.

1. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">blazers.com - Sergio Rodriguez, whose rights were traded by Phoenix to the Blazers on draft night, will sign with the team on Wednesday, Mike Barrett is reporting in his blog on blazers.com.

''I said I'd get you an answer to the Sergio questions, but I didn't think I'd get it this quickly. You'll be happy to know that Sergio Rodriguez IS going to come to the NBA next season. He's going sign with the Trail Blazers on Wednesday, and is even going to be at Summer League in Las Vegas for at least one afternoon. He isn't going to play. He will return to Europe on the 10th and then will play with his national team in the World Championships in Japan. He will then return to Portland and get ready for training camp with the Blazers. I'll have more details in tomorrow's blog, I just wanted to get you this breaking news.'' </div>
    Source

2. panfolk

panfolk JBB JustBBall Member

I haven't seen word of them signing him yet. Did I miss something?

3. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

Spanish Chocolate.....how did he do in the summer league???

4. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Gee_Dupe11:</div><div class="quote_post">Spanish Chocolate.....how did he do in the summer league???</div>
    I don't think he played... somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he didn't.

5. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know how well he plays, but there doesn't look like there are too many minutes to go around at the point guard spot. Jack and Dickau should be more than enough to play most of the game and Dixon is always there when the Blazers are in the mood to trade off passing for a bit more offensive firepower.

He's not going to make a huge impact, unless he somehow beats out all three of those guys or one of those guys goes down with an injury.